What about the pigeons??????

Started by Wilma, July 27, 2008, 04:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I am starting a new thread for this instead of adding it to the schoolhouse thread because I don't expect it to stay with the subject line.

What about the pigeons and I know there are lots of them?  They are going to be displaced no matter what the decision on the schoolhouse is.  Where are they going to go?  If anyone has an old building that is open to the weather, you had better be closing it up unless you want a huge pigeon population in it.

Joanna

Too easy Wilma! 
Someone could put a new restaurant in on the roof and their specialty could be squab!  It would surely be a hit!  They could set it up similar to lobster tanks at seafood restaurants, and you could pick the one you wanted for dinner... then it'd be sent to the shooting range in the basement to take care of the next step, and the meat processing plant in the old gym could real quick dress it, then back up to the restaurant kitchen to be cooked.

Honestly, I'm just kidding.  I'd no sooner eat pigeon than I would rat... even on a stick!  I think you are right, Wilma, we all need to be aware of any structures that they'd "flock" to if the old place suddenly became inaccessable to them...

Diane Amberg

Hire some hawks to clean them up for ya. Our Sharp Shinned hawks love pigeons. They are doves after all. You could have a short pigeon season right after dove season. In all seriousness,I hope those of you who are poking around that building are wearing masks! You don't want to come down with Hanta virus or plague or mold spores or something nasty.  Do be careful, please?

W. Gray

I have heard rumors that at one time, shooters had taken a number out.

Dont know what they were using or how safe the exercise, but I was told that on one of my trips down.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

DolphinsLEM

I could have my dad come down with his bb gun.  IN NY, he will shoot them if they come into his yard.  Bet he will enjoy doing that.

Teresa

Right you are Waldo...
There were quite a few "taken out"  ;)
But more after that were born. :-\

Pigeon is is good to eat. They taste like dove but they are bigger.
They're just a bird.. no different than eating a quail or dove or pheasant or chicken.. etc etc...

Come on Joanna.. Grab your plate.. get in line and Cowgirl up ..  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Mongo

I think we ought to fix it up the old grade school for a indoor cowboy action shooting range and shoot and serve pigeons on the side. There may be a noise and smoke factor that may take a while to get use to.I spent enough time there to remember the lay out. Especially the principal's office. Mongo

Teresa

hahaha.. Well Larry.. Mark was right there with you.. ..

I don't think a CAS shoot would be feasible. LOL

I do however like the idea of a fire station.  I think thats a great idea.

By the way.. is anyone planning on going to the council meeting on the 4th?
Patrick?? You ARE a good spokesman.. I'll go, but as far as being able to throw numbers and ideas and solid information out there.. I am hopeless.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk