Elk City Kansas--Fourth Sunday Breakfast

Started by DanCookson, July 28, 2008, 09:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanCookson

I had an opportunity to go to the town of Elk City, KS on Sunday and eat breakfast and let me tell you!!!!

That was an amazing experience.  It is put on at the Masonic Lodge in downtown and the food was awesome.

But.........Not half as awesome as the 500 or so Harley's that were there!!!  That is right, I estimate 500.  It was incredible.  I am still stunned.  I spoke with some of the Mason's that were working there, Pat Tucker, Frank Hey, and Harlan McDow and they had served almost 700 people by the end.  Below is a list of the items and all were fantastic.

If you get a chance, it was a really neat thing.

All you can eat breakfast: $6.00
Scrambled Eggs
Hash Browns
Whole Hog Sausage
Bacon
Biscuits
Gravy
Waffles
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Sticky Buns
Donuts
Coffee
Juice

W. Gray

Elk City is where the Howard Courant got its start and I was curious as to the population.

There were an estimated 300 people in 2006.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Jo McDonald

Dan, yesterday we were surprised by a visit from Bob and Bonnie Mustoe.  They decided to come visit us and see where we live here at the State Park, after they had eaten at Elk City. They always attend the Masonic Breakfast that is given the last Sunday morning in every month.  She said they got to meet you - and were pleased about that.  The Harley riders come from all over to attend and give to the Masons that way. 
  We are so proud of you and Derek for becoming members - and especially WORKING MEMBERS of the Masonic Order.
and, also,  you were there in part to help the Firemen of Howard, weren't you?  Selling raffle tickets for your gun give away?  That is another good cause.
  That is what organizations need... young willing workers, like you.  Well Done!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

pepelect

should we have hip waders or is it going to crest?

Jo McDonald

Don't get sassy --- I bragged on you in an earlier post --AND DAN AND DEREK ARE MY GRANDSONS!!!    And if you feel the need for hip waders -- feel free to put them on... because, I may start up again, one never knows.  !!!  LOL !

frawin

Dan, do you still have tickets, what kind of gun.
Frank

pepelect

Don't get all bent out of shape....I am just teasing......If you want to play kissey kissey with your cute "little" grand babies then don't let me or any of the rest of the 402 members stop you.  

What is the fishing like over there anyway?

pep :angel:

Jo McDonald

Teasing????  Me 2
Fishing?  Pretty good this past week

JMCD

pepelect

Don't get sunburnt.    I would hate to have to bring you some aloe vera.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk