Harry Reid says taxes are “voluntary”

Started by Teresa, July 26, 2008, 11:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I am speechless. This guy is the number one senator in Washington, and he is helping to pass our tax laws.
The Internal Revenue Code was written and passed by congress. That makes it a law. THEIR law.
A law is NOT voluntary.

Look it up......Any true voluntary action is free from repercussions if you chose not to participate.
Try not filing a 1040 next April without an extension and you'll see how voluntary our taxation system really is. Furthermore, the use of withholding taxes from paychecks completely undermines any attempt to argue that taxation is voluntary.

A monkey would be a better majority leader than this idiot. Harry Reid is a moron. Ask Wesley Snipes and Willy Nelson if you don't have to pay taxes. Dirty Harry and his cronies would just love it if you gave them all your income and let them redistribute it as they see fit.
The founding fathers must be turning over in their graves.
Stuff like this just makes me wonder.."Does he really think we..as the human race.. are as stupid as he is? Unfortunately, I really believe he does.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

TERESA, THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE DUMBEST CONVERSATION, I THINK HARRY IS SNIFFING THE SAME GLUE OR SMOKING THE SAME POT AS QUEEN NANCY. MAYBE HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T PAY TAXES. MAYBE THE SENATE MAJORITY LEADER IS NOT TAXED. THAT IS REALLY AN EMBARRASSMENT.  HOW DID THE CENSORS LET THAT ONE GET OUT.
FRANK

Teresa

If we could hear EVERYTHING from our politicians and have nothing censored..it would make us all pass out from the lack of brains and common sense that these people have that are making our laws and regulations that we have to live by.
Hitler was more careful with the truth than Reid in this interview.

frawin

Do you think Reid  really believes what he was saying or do you think he was trying play mind games. In any case it was an embarrassment that somebody is going to get a chewing for letting it get pass the censor guidelines.
Frank

frawin

Teresa, that is as bad as Queen Nancy refusing to bring the ANWR and OCS drilling before the house for a vote, as she knows it will pass and she does not want it to. This is a Democracy and that is within her rights. I can see somebody not payinfg their taxes and then referring the courts to this tape, and saying he didn't have to pay taxes.

Teresa

video of Dennis Miller unloading on Harry Reid.

Diane Amberg

I must admit, I tried my darndest to figure out some definition of "voluntary" that Harry Reid was referring to. Unless he was talking about withholding, which we can manipulate a little, or adjusting exemptions and deductions, or the amount of quarterly estimated taxes we pay, I can't begin to guess what he was trying to say.

Teresa

Diane..Your brain will explode trying to figure out ANYTHING that man says.  ::)

frawin

I think Harry is trying to play mind games to be cute. I think his explaination is or would be, it is totally up to the individual whether
he or she files or not, which in fact it is. The part he would leave out is that if you don't file we are going to get you if we find out you didn't go ahead and do it on your own "VOLUNTARY  BASIS". This would explain how the censors let this get by.
Frank

sixdogsmom

Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk