Howard Happenings

Started by W. Gray, July 26, 2008, 10:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Has the meandering walkways through the old park west of the nursing home been finished?

Is there a new business going in where the optical shop use to be?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Joanna

The walkway at the Jackson Park west of the nursing home is getting done a little at a time.  The labor is all volunteer, and most of that is from Ron Johnson and the crew he's paying himself.  There are several other folks that do help! It's just that they can only form up so much at a time, then get it poured and go on to the next section when weather & time permits. There's really no way for them to set a time for people to come help, it's just whenever things all come together they can get that section done; So if you drive by & see them working, that's a great time to park and see if you can help :).  The walkway is not finished yet, but is supposed to be finished before October at the latest. I think everyone expects it to be finished a long time before that deadline.

Janet Harrington

The biggest problem with getting the walkway completed is that Mr. Johnson has had trouble with the cement plant being available to deliver cement on weekends when most of the volunteers can help.  As for a new business going in where the optical shop used to be, I have no idea.

pepelect

We have new business going in where the S&J cafe used to be.   
Tux rental, alterations, swap your prom dress........Not your date.

Tracy is doing a bang up job getting the building remodeled and painted.

Tobina+1

Don't forget the tanning beds!  What prom is complete without the tan-line-free tans (not that anyone should see there are no tan lines!).
I think Tracy is also doing some other gift type items and fun things like purses.  I'm excited for another place to open on main (errr, Wabash) street!
Now... if we can only get some signs on the highway attracting the speeding passer-bys through that area of town?

Sarah

Quote from: Tobina on July 29, 2008, 11:04:57 AM
Don't forget the tanning beds!  What prom is complete without the tan-line-free tans (not that anyone should see there are no tan lines!).
I think Tracy is also doing some other gift type items and fun things like purses.  I'm excited for another place to open on main (errr, Wabash) street!
Now... if we can only get some signs on the highway attracting the speeding passer-bys through that area of town?

Tanning beds?  Did someone say they're putting in tanning beds?  Woo Hoo!   ;D

flo

K&K has had tanning beds for awhile now.  My daughter tans out there.  I'm sure she said she goes to K&K
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

The tanning beds at K&K Floral have been there for a lot of years.  Lucy Criger had them when she purchased the business, because they were already there when Joyce (I can't think of her last name )  owned the shop.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Mom70x7

Sarah

Well now how awesome is that?  I didn't know that.  Only problem is I'm expecting again and besides the fact that my stomach probably wouldn't fit under the lid here pretty soon, my midwife would have a fit!   :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk