Professor Randy Pausch (Oct. 23, 1960 - July 25, 2008) Last lecture

Started by Warph, July 25, 2008, 10:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Lord, I sure hated to see this this morning.  We lost a good one when we lost Randy.  Rest in peace, my friend.

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Randy Pausch, a Carnegie Mellon University computer scientist whose "last lecture" about facing terminal cancer became an Internet sensation and a best-selling book, died Friday. He was 47.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/books/07/25/obit.pausch.ap/index.html
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Teresa

Carnegie Mellon Professor Randy Pausch (Oct. 23, 1960 - July 25, 2008)
gave his last lecture at the university Sept. 18, 2007, before a packed McConomy Auditorium.
In his moving presentation, "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams," Pausch talked about his lessons learned and gave advice to students on how to achieve their own career and personal goals.

I think this speech will carry on for many years and should be put into the Smithsonian. Required reading in High School, and college.

Some will think that an hour is too long to watch.. But this was not near long enough for me and it wasn't enough for me.. so I started checking all the u-tube videos of Randy.. This man should be one of everyone's hero.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

You can purchase Professor Pausch's book, The Last Lecture from www.amazon.com

I haven't read it, but we sure sell alot of them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk