Come in from the storm!

Started by lola330, September 13, 2008, 04:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lola330

Come on in, this is the place to HUNKER DOWN!

Hunkered Down.   It's been used a lot lately.   If you say it a lot it sounds kind of funny.

Reminds me of that old TV commercial, goes something like:  I hunker for a chunk of, a slice, a slab, a chunk of, I hunker for a chunk of cheese.  Or something like that.

I don't know if I have ever hunkered before in my life! 

Holy Hunkering Hurricane Batman!  He's come ashore!!!!

I probably would not find hunkering so humorous if it was me in the path of the hurricane!  Then again,  I am a chicken, I would run as far as possible, leave the hunkering to someone else.

And Queenie I know this is weather-related, but I aim to have a thread where we can all hunker down!

Joanna

I remember that!
I hanker for a hunk of
   A slab or slice or chunk of
     A snack that is a winner,
        And yet won't spoil my dinner!
           I hanker for a hunk of cheese!

I loved it... I think it was by the same folks that did School House Rock
I've got a hankering for a hunk of cheese right now.  Mmmm.  Think I'll hunker down in front of the TV till the rain stops.  I'll probably come out by Tuesday or Wednesday at least, don't you think?

Quote from: lola330 on September 13, 2008, 04:02:56 PM
Holy Hunkering Hurricane Batman!  He's come ashore!!!!
That's good too  ;D
Hunker makes me think "hunched in a bunker" 

Teresa

lola.. If in case of tornado's... I will hunker down only after I have run... LOL
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

We hunkered down for real when hurricane Hazel came.

lola330

Wow, Joanna!  Good memory.  We must be about the same age! Shhh! Let's not talk about the cheese thing anymore, our age is showing!  Although, I think with some cheese age is a good thing.  I just don't want to be compared to cheese!  Maybe wine, but definately not whiny. 

I'm rambling.  I hit the cough medicine kinda hard so I can sleep well!   :laugh:

Teresa:  If it's a tornado I would probably pee my pants!  Then run and hunker.  Hunkering probably comes naturally in an emergency. 

Hunker  hunker  burning love! 

flo

I think that's hunka hunka burning love
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

lola330

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk