Top Ranked Female Warrior

Started by W. Gray, July 20, 2008, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Congress took away around 900 Medal of Honor awards from their recipients during the early 1900s because they wanted the award to be combat related.

Dr. Walker refused to give hers back and apparently wore it around her neck on a daily basis to keep anyone from taking it.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Catwoman

GOOD FOR HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hmmm...reminds me of something else I heard on this site...giving something to someone and then taking it away again...guess times may change but human nature never does, does it?   ;) ;)

W. Gray

Even though she would not give it back, it was officially taken away.

Her granddaughter convinced Jimmy Carter in 1977 to reinstate the medal.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

dnalexander

W. Gray thanks for all of the in depth history knowledge that you provide on the forum. Very interesting.

Thanks,
David

Catwoman

I'm glad to hear the medal was officially reinstated. 

W. Gray

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk