Lack of water = Schools hurting.

Started by pepelect, July 16, 2008, 10:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Thanks! I thought I knew but I wasn't sure.

pepelect

Someone  had an idea  a few years ago to start a wholesale water district for this area.  I say area because it was to encompass communities as far away as Elk City, Sedan, Elk Falls, Longton, Howard, Grenola, Severy, and all the rural water systems feeding those communities.  The beauty of the system is that all the water is owned by the enitre water district.  Any water sourced was refined and any water sold was to benefit the entire district.  You would not have only one source.  You would be tied to Other larger systems.  IE.. Greenwood, Montgomery, Wilson, Butler and CQ20.   If you have a problem with one source or need to reroute around a system you have the ability to do that.  It would be easy to engineer the water but  I don't know beans about how to motivate people to get them off there couches and be involved.

Maybe we need to stop fighting all the individual entities and think bigger than yourself.  The state is no help.   The US Congress is no help....

Let's do it ourselves.

Want build something your grandchildrens grandchildren will still be talking about?

Diane Amberg

A tri county water district? That needs more exploring. Good idea.

Catwoman

Patrick, I still say that you need to head up the Elk County Economic Development Council, if there is indeed such a creature (does Elk County have one of those?).  You have some very sound ideas backed up by possible plans of action.  You are just what Elk County needs...an economically-minded rabble-rouser! ;D ;D

pepelect

I create my own economy.   I tried to work with the local and area wide economic development when we expanded the store.  We got a lot of at a boys and not much else.  Then when you read their literature we were a statistic of success.  Hired people that are trained to get economies going are going to do just that get their own economies going.   They offered little help and what we did need from them was slow in coming.  Through out the entire process we waited for approval from state, hysterical society, bug people, etc.....We never were funded.  They saw the need but we saw no dollars. 

I refer to my first statement Create your own economy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk