Farm Show Leaves Toot's station promptly at 11:00am

Started by pepelect, July 20, 2008, 09:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

Pittsburg Kansas Farm show bus will be leaving Toots at 11:00am today to go drool over tractors, lawnmowers, livestock equipment, and  great big brand new shiny skid loaders. 

My milf...wife thinks that I have an obsession with this new fangled computer gossip rag.  I told her I was internet dating.  She told me to go to the farm show and get some sun.   

Later......................... :P

flo

I have attended this many times with Marvin and believe you me, SUN you will get, along with all it's heat.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

The closest thing we have to that is the big Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg. It the same kind of thing, but it's in January in a huge building. I used to love to go. Had lots on animals too. All the various "producers" associations would go. Apples, milk, beef, honey etc. They also have 4-H contests and adult canning, sewing, quilts and fancy work and more. Haven't been in years but I used to really enjoy it. Lots of free samples so we would eat our way through it. :laugh:

L Hendricks

I used to think that people didn't come to the fair because we are some a/c'ed but that farm show proves that I am wrong - people flock to that show, where there is no shade, no breeze and 110 degrees... have something people are interested in and people will come - no matter what the weather...

pepelect

That and the way cool new fangled gagets with big tires, motors and shiny paint..There are no animals except two legged ones....I take that back there was one bull in pen by him self...wonder what they were selling?

The attire for the day was cool except for Dr Dave his "mommie" made him wear his long pants. 

The pineapple smoothie is a big draw.  The show off tractor vendors with the a/c cab atvs sit inside their little toys and drive round with ice cream.  I suppose it's a subliminal thing to get us to want both.

The purpose of this perticular excursion was to pick up the stuff that we bought Friday that they wouldn't let us have until after the show.

There are many new toys that needed to be looked at for a second time.  The propane powered lawnmower was a steal at 12499.  The new tractors all have the same new tractor smell.    We found a huge new truck with 4 doors and full sized seat in the back that means you could hire 4 people and only take one truck to the job.  Dr Dave would have to set sideways in the truck next year.  See wifey that is saving money. So just write the check.

I really enjoyed talking to the future Dr Perkins.  He told me that he is going to apply to med school as he is about done with school.  I told him we would build him a eye surgeon clinic in the old bank building.  We have some time to remodel but now we have a use for that building. 

Diane Amberg

An eye surgeon? What a good idea! Do you think he would set up in Howard?

DanCookson

Quote from: pepelect on July 20, 2008, 09:31:11 AM
Pittsburg Kansas Farm show bus will be leaving Toots at 11:00am today to go drool over tractors, lawnmowers, livestock equipment, and  great big brand new shiny skid loaders. 

My milf...wife thinks that I have an obsession with this new fangled computer gossip rag.  I told her I was internet dating.  She told me to go to the farm show and get some sun.   

I cannot believe you just referred to your wife as a milf....You better thank the man upstairs she isn't addicted to the forum as well or I think your a#* would be grass!!!!

dnalexander

Dan, I agree with you. I would never admit in public that I even know what a milf is. If she finds out he may well turn from a stallion to a gelding.

D Whetstone

The Farm Show was fantastic.  Hot sun and cool tractor cabs. All was right with the world. Except the fact we didn't tow home a new tractor.

PEP definitely needs a new truck.  I tried to nap on the way home (exhausted from standing in hot sun with my long pants on) and the comfort factor was a big, fat zero.

I told the future Dr. Perkins that if he is world famous, he could set up shop anywhere.  We will need a hotel. I am sure some of his patients will want to stay over night. We will also need to update the airport. A hangar will need to be built to accommodate the charter services that will be delivering his patients. 

I am dreeming about Farm Show 2009.

David (Dr. Dave)

Teresa

Quote from: DanCookson on July 21, 2008, 10:12:19 AM
Quote from: pepelect on July 20, 2008, 09:31:11 AM

I cannot believe you just referred to your wife as a milf....You better thank the man upstairs she isn't addicted to the forum as well or I think your a#* would be grass!!!!

I saw it..blinked.. looked twice.. but I wasn't EVEN going to mention it. I just put my eyes back in my  head and went on to the next post.. LOL LOL

Patrick..you DO walk on thin ice occasionally..  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk