George W. Bush Sewage Plant Dedication Ceremony

Started by dnalexander, July 18, 2008, 12:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Marisa Lagos, Chronicle Staff Writer
San Francisco Chronicle
Friday, July 18, 2008

San Francisco voters will be asked to decide whether to name a city sewage plant in honor of President Bush, after a satiric measure qualified for the November ballot Thursday.The measure, if passed, would rename the Oceanside Water Pollution Control Plant the George W. Bush Sewage Plant.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/17/MN7A11QU1S.DTL&tsp=1

Some of my fellow Northern Californians have way too much free time on their hands.  While I do find this funny and a very innovative way for them to show their displeasure with Bush I really think they could have spent their time on something a little more important.

David

Diane Amberg

How funny is that! Perhaps there could be a 5 year time limit on the name as is the case with other honors that are renamed after a time... such as was done with Cape Canaveral. I don't care for a lot of what President Bush has done, but he is the president.

sixdogsmom

Thanks for the chuckle David!  ;D ;D Maybe we could build a hospital for STDs and dedicate it to Bill Clinton, or a prison and name it after Richard (I am not a crook) Nixon! There have to be more, think people! Think!
Edie

Catwoman

I'm laughing too hard to think...quick...somebody else come up with something!

dnalexander

Now for me to give you a personal thought on this subject. My Dad a proud, native Kansas boy  was a Civil Engineer. I spent many a day as a kid sleeping in a blueprint drawer, in a truck out in the middle of nowhere, and even at a sewage treatment plant. If the ballot initiative fails, I may just have to try and get it named after my dad who would be proud of having an award winning innovative sewage treatment plant named after him.
David

frawin

David, that Sewage Plant topic broke it, it left everyone speechless.

Warph

NANCY PELOSI LANGLEY PORTER PSYCHIATRIC INSTITUTE & MENTAL HOSPITAL
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

CatWoman... was that you doing it with BatMan on O'Reilly tonight??? ???
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

dnalexander

Warph, just so you know,  the sewage treatment plant is located in the 20% of San Francisco that is not located in Nancy Pelosi's district. She would never approve of a mental hospital in her neighborhood. I'm sorry, just call it sour grapes. I used to be able to inquire from her office and get a personalized response on important topics. As soon as she became Speaker,"since they could not determine that I was a constituent"  of hers, I no longer get her e-mails or newsletter.

David

Warph

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,386763,00.html

SAN FRANCISCO — A measure that aims to keep prostitutes from facing criminal charges has qualified for the November ballot in San Francisco.  The measure, which qualified Friday, would bar authorities from spending money to investigate or prosecute prostitutes for engaging in prostitution.  A San Francisco first-time offender program that allows men to avoid charges for soliciting a prostitute if they attend a class and pay a fine would also end under the measure.  The Erotic Service Providers Union recently announced it had gathered the 12,000 signatures necessary to put the measure on the ballot after failing to get a similar initiative before voters in 2006.  Mayor Gavin Newsom says the measure would hurt the city's ability to investigate and prosecute sex-trafficking crimes.

What say you, David?  Think it will pass?
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk