I put this here so everybody could see it.

Started by pam, July 17, 2008, 04:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

In another thread I THOUGHT I was tradin friendly jokes with Frank. He and a couple of others insist on tryin to label me and stuff me in a round hole where they think I belong......Well I've always been somewhat of a square peg and I'm not ashamed of it at all. Since I was the only one talkin to him ON this thread I'm gonna figure he was meanin me. He said he was gonna leave it to us liberals and "female chauvinists" for the afternoon, well I never heard that particular label before so I had to look it up. Turns out that's a pretty big insult if you ask me. Basically amounts to a ball-breakin b*****that thinks she's better than men and doesn't need em for ANYthing. Kinda pissed me off, then it made me feel bad then I figured screw it, I don't know him and he doesn't know me.I grew up in Severy but I don't really know ANY of ya! I've hung out with the men all my life tho so I'm not afraid to talk to em straight up, I'm not any better than a man but I'm just as good. I enjoy a good discussion but geez, even in jest that's kind of in bad taste dude. Havin a progressive thought is NOT really a bad thing, all those inventors y'all were praisin the other day were progressive thinkers or they never would've come up with the things they did. If it wasn't for progressive thinkers we'd still OWN black people instead of have one runnin for president! If it wasn't for progressive thinkers the United States would not even exist for cripes sake! So next time you're gripin about the "progressive" or "liberal" ideas you hear bein tossed around just think about that! Change makes everybody uncomfortable but it ain't necesarily a bad thing!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

greatguns

I've never met you but I would love to.  Some people have trouble with those of us that think for ourselves and don't just agree with everything they say.  That's their problem, not ours.  Have a nice evening and a wonderful weekend.  Don't let anyone drag you down.

frawin

Pam, I to thought we were trading friendly jokes. I don't know where you found the definition that used for Chauvinist or Chauvinism but I have never seen that in any dictionary and it doesn't come up on the internet, it is not even anything that even resembles the label or term. I was making jest, obviously I made a mistake, it won't happen again.
Frank

pam

So did I Frank. I just googled female chauvinist and a crapload of results came up and that's was the gist of it. I joke with people but I generally stay away from labels, bout as bad as I get is callin somebody a butthead or somthin. There have been a few times on here where I've thought you were making kind of sneaky insults to me but I just blew em off, cause I DON't know you OR your sense of humor. This one just upset me cause I'd never heard it so I looked it up and was like whatthehell? And like I said I figured whatever........ Just for once I decided to call sombody on it.

Hey thanks Sally, Unfortunately nobody has ever been able to drag me down LOL, not for long anyway....Vive la differance! Hope I meet ya someday:)
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

Pam.. you mean you aren't from the butt head family?
Dang~!! and I thought we were kin.. hahahaha ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

And here I thought the family name was Harrdhed. :laugh:

Catwoman

Nah...first cousins to the Bullheaded kin. ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk