Main Menu

Truth

Started by pam, July 14, 2008, 11:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

This is a quote true but this seemed like the place for it.

Truth alone will endure; all the rest will be swept away before the tide of time....What may appear as truth to one person will often appear as untruth to another person.  But that need not worry the seeker....Truth and untruth often co-exist; good and evil often are found together....Use truth as your anvil, nonviolence as your hammer and anything that does not stand the test when it is brought to the anvil of truth and hammered with nonviolence, reject it....Truth and nonviolence demand that no human being may debar himself from serving any other human being, no matter how sinful he may be....Truth is the first to be sought for, and Beauty and Goodness will then be added unto you....An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it....Truth without humility would be an arrogant caricature....The quest of truth involves self-suffering, sometimes even unto death.

~Mahatma Ghandi~
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Catwoman

I love the writings of Ghandi! :-)  Great post, Pam! :-)

frawin

In the area of India where I worked, Ghandi was not popular and they put him down for drinking his own urine, a practice that he followed much of his life. I remember when one of the young Indian men that worked for me was making a joke about our president who at the time was Jimmy Carter, and I said well he doesn't drink his own pee(I rarely found cause to defend Carter) and he said  most Indians didn't either, and he made a terrible face and said that was an embarrasment to him.
Frank

Catwoman

OK...wow...the things you learn on this site!  :o :o  The only time I've ever heard of that being ingested was on a survivalist-variety show, which showed what you can survive on in extremely arid climates.  Wonder what Ghandi was thinking when he decided to do that...unless, of course, maybe he preferred doing that to drinking out of the Ganges River (pardon the probably misspelled name!)?

frawin

Catwoman, I seem to recall that studies showed or maybe Ghandi thought that it was the purest liquid one could drink, afterall everything in it came from his own body, no outside contamination.. No question he was a great thinker but not without some controversey as seems to be the case with all great thinkers. In those days I preferred Jack Daniels and Branch Water.

Teresa

A person can drink their own urine. but they can't eat their own fecal matter. it is highly contaminated.. but as the fluids are filtered through the kidneys , urine will not hurt you.

( Now if you all will excuse me I believe I will go in and try to make some tortillas for supper enchiladas...

Writing all of that and even thinking about it made me sick.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Catwoman

Eeeeeewwwwwwww!  I'd say we've degenerated as far as we need to on this site!

Teresa

I know.. and I realize I went WAY off topic.. and as I was typing I kept thinking.. "DON'T post this" .. lol
but I did anyway..
I figured if I was going to be sick you all might as well be too. hahaha
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

TERESA, that was bad, bad, bad, bad, baddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

frawin

Teresa, I think you broke it, no one has responded but catwoman since your last post.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk