You are kidding --- right?????

Started by Jo McDonald, July 10, 2008, 07:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Pam, the word sinister derives from the latin word that means left. It's a republican joke!  ::) ::)
Edie

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Jo McDonald

Hillary and Obama were "singing their songs" at a breakfast this morning in NYC.  She was going on and on about women not being treated fairly - saying ten years ago they didn't have a fair wage and yada-yada-yada  but evidently she has lost most of thought process, because her wonderful, womanizing husband was President at that time.  He certainly didn't do anything for women - except invite them behind closed locked doors.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Catwoman

As always, dead right and funny to boot, Jo!!!! :-)

pam

Y'know I've always got paid a wage the same as the guys when I earned it, sometimes I've been paid more cause I had more experience. Bein a woman ain't had anything to do with it!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

sixdogsmom

Do you know that for sure? Getting paid the same I mean. A lot of the time women are indeed paid less for doing the same job.
Edie

greatguns

That is a fact where I work.  And YES I do know it is a fact.

pam

Yeah SDM I know it for a fact. Theres been jobs where I was responsible for figurin everybodys hours so the boss could just bring our pay to the jobsite with him. I realize my life has been kinda unique in that matter, but i've always been out with the guys and I've always gotten respect for makin a hand not bein a woman tryin to make a hand. If you work on a construction crew very long sooner or later everybody knows what everybody else is makin  :D
William Butler Yeats

Catwoman

Pam, I believe that the reference to the left hand might come from the Bible which states that you're not supposed to let the left hand know what the right one is doing, or something to that effect (i.e. left-handed compliment, something coming out of left field, etc.).

greatguns

I sure would like to pay taxes on a $220,000 gain.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk