Popcorn anyone?

Started by Teresa, July 09, 2008, 02:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

I prefer my popcorn in an air popper.  My dad makes microwave popcorn all the time (to eat while watching the 10:00 news), and it used to be an art form to see how few old maids were left.  He'd heat the microwave up first, he'd put a plate upside-down in the bottom of the microwave, all sorts of things.  Then we had to count the old maids and keep track of which method was the best.

Rudy Taylor

No fair, Joanna ... I haven't eaten a fresh tomato this season!

Anybody selling them in Howard or Moline?

Your supper of popcorn and sliced tomatoes sounds splendid.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

sixdogsmom

I should be starting to harvest in a couple of days. Too many cloudy days have stalled the season I think.
Edie

Teresa

Quote from: sixdogsmom on July 10, 2008, 10:55:24 AM
I like to make popcorn in a cast iron skillet with some of the drippings from hot sausage. Yum!

Yummm.... I bet that is wonderful.. or maybe even breakfast sausage drippings.

Quote from: Joanna on July 09, 2008, 09:43:14 PM

I have to know though, you have said you use bacon grease for several different things.  How do you get it? Do you just save the grease from when you cook bacon? 

Every time I fry bacon, I pour the grease in a mason jar. . Danny and Derek save all of theirs too. Danny had an extra 3# coffee can full ( from camping) and gave it to me. And I took it and poured it into several Tupperware bowls and froze it.

Quote from: Tobina on July 10, 2008, 11:07:01 AM
I prefer my popcorn in an air popper. 

I know that it is supposed to be the healthiest way to eat popcorn.. but it tastes like Styrofoam packing. Even if it is drizzled with butter,to me, it still just lacks something . 
And I hate yellow popcorn . It has hulls and they are nasty.
The wonderful thing about the Amish popcorn is that many kinds are hulless..and the kernels are small but man oh man are they flavor packed. ( Some of their kinds might be good to try air popped just to see if they still have the same taste. )
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk