10 Most Obnoxious Quotes from the Democratic Presidential Race

Started by Warph, July 09, 2008, 02:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Inflammatory Remarks by Clinton and Obama Surrogates and Supporters

By Daniel Kurtzman, About.com

1. "The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. ... God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme." ... "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye." ... "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost." ... "We started the AIDS virus ... as a means of genocide against people of color." --Barack Obama's pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, in various sermons

2. "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman of any color, he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept." --Clinton fundraiser and former Democratic vice presidential candidate Geraldine Ferraro, who resigned from Clinton's campaign after making the remark

3. "She is a monster, too -- that is off the record -- she is stooping to anything." --Obama aide Samantha Powers, on Hillary Clinton. Powers resigned after making the remark

4. "For the first time in my adult lifetime I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change." --Michelle Obama

5. "It'll be, 'When was the last time? Did you ever give drugs to anyone? Did you sell them to anyone?' There are so many openings for Republican dirty tricks. It's hard to overcome." --Clinton campaign co-chairman Bill Shaheen, arguing that Barack Obama's drug experimentation as a youth would become an issue in the general election campaign. Shaheen, the husband of former New Hampshire Gov. Jeanne Shaheen, resigned after making the remark

6. "I for one do not believe that imitating Ken Starr is the way to win a Democratic primary election for president, but perhaps that theory will be tested." --Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson, likening Barack Obama's stepped-up criticism of Clinton to the probe by independent prosecutor Ken Starr that led to Bill Clinton's impeachment

7. "Mr. Richardson's endorsement came right around the anniversary of the day when Judas sold out for 30 pieces of silver, so I think the timing is appropriate, if ironic." --Clinton supporter James Carville, calling New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson's endorsement of Barack Obama "an act of betrayal"

8. "I think it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interest of this country. And people could actually ask themselves who is right on these issues, instead of all this other stuff that always seems to intrude itself on our politics." --Bill Clinton, speaking in North Carolina about a matchup between Hillary Clinton and John McCain, which critics took as an implication that Obama was unpatriotic

9. "It sounds more like McCarthy. ... I was going to college when Joe McCarthy was accusing good Americans of being traitors, so I've had enough of it." --Merrill "Tony" McPeak, a former chief of staff of the Air Force and a co-chair of Obama's presidential campaign, on Bill Clinton seemingly questioning Obama's patriotism

10. "This is a stain on his legacy, much worse, much deeper, than the one on Monica's blue dress." --Obama adviser Gordon Fischer, on Bill Clinton's attacks on Obama
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk