New Kansas residents......

Started by markhoward, June 24, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markhoward

Hello everyone,

My wife Kirsten and I moved to Wichita, Kansas last month. We really are enjoying the people of Kansas! Everyone is so friendly! We bought a  house that was built in 1930 that has been fixed up to look new! We grew up in Southern California. We would like to visit Howard some day soon to see what a small country town is like.

Take care!

Mark Howard

Janet Harrington

Well, welcome to Kansas Markhoward.  Please do travel to Howard and be sure that you stop at Toot's drive-in and eat a Fudge Monkey.  The Wichita Boy scouts go through here to go to summer camp and take back to Wichita how much they like eating at Toot's.  The hamburgers are excellent as is everything you eat there. 

Again, welcome to Kansas.

DanCookson

NATCH

Teresa

Quote from: NATCH on June 27, 2006, 02:41:59 PM
BETTER THAN MONKEY FUDGE! :police:

You get that horrible picture off of there right this minute!! And I mean it!! >:(

You will scare everyone away from the forum with that picture..
By the way~~~ is that a picture of your mama? hahaha

(( I can say that because I AM that boys mama)) ;)

Look at your brothers nice picture... it is fish...

TRY to find something "more appropriate"
Please.   ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~ I am TRYING to get him to change that horrid scary picture... I told him I was going to do it if he didn't.. but
Drats... >:(
I don't know his password.. and even with me being administrator, I cannot get that information..  ???
And he just laughs at me and won't tell me..
( I tried to trick him into telling me...but ...NOOOOPE!!! didn't work)

HA!  I know.. Why didn't I think of this before.??!!?!! :o
I will sic his new bride on him.. THAT is what I will do...
Ha HaHaHa~~ ohhhh goody goody goody... he will be in for it now...  :D

markhoward

Hello Janet,

We are thinking the 4th of July would be a fun time to visit Howard! Im sure there are many great things to enjoy there on the 4th! We will plan to stop at Toot's for a bite to eat!

Thank you for the warm welcome to Kansas!

Mark

Rhonda

What is a Fudge Monkey?  I worked at Toots all through high school (73-76) and their menu has expanded greatly since those days.  We also didn't have any seating.  Just fix the food and pass it out the window.  Oh, my what memories!  That was the greatest job--you got to see everyone because Toots was a stop for everybody.  I sure miss the minute buns--don't see them on the menu anymore.

Teresa

Minute Buns..  ahhh the memories.
When John Gray and I were in high school and dating.. he used to eat a minute bun ( sloppy joe) at least 5 days a week.
And since I don't eat or like sugar and ice cream.. I don't know what a Fudge Monkey is...
Janet??
You will have to do the honors in that dept.

Janet Harrington

A fudge monkey is ice cream, bananas, and hot fudge.  You put in a few banana slices, then a little ice cream, a little fudge, then you start all over, and just layer it.  It goes in a large pop cup and the fudge is the last layer.  They will put nuts on it if you ask nicely.  ha  These are sooooooooooooo good.  They are sooooooooo rich.  I don't think I have had one for over a year, but the Boy Scouts, you know, those little guys growing up to be men, eat them all the time.  Maybe I'll just celebrate a little this weekend and eat one of those things.  Yummy yummy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk