Sure is quiet in here :P

Started by pam, July 08, 2008, 10:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I don't think I ever had that hurled at me.  Probably because if my mother heard it she would use her army shoes to walk all over them.  Things like that weren't allowed at our house.  Neither were fighting or cussing.  Mother didn't enforce it so much as my little brother did.  Since we owned the sports equipment our yard was usually full of friends, usually my brother's friends.  If anyone couldn't get along or couldn't watch their tongue, my brother would pick up the ball, bat, basketball or whatever we were playing with, take them inside and that was it.  Everybody could just go home or go somewhere else to play.  And, yes, he is still like that. 

Teresa

violent little cuss isn't he?  ;D ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Yes, he used to say that the only fight he ever lost was when he slipped going around a corner.  He could talk his way out of anything.

dnalexander

Wilma, I know it is my job to make you laugh but you just made me have a good, heartwarming laugh.
thanks
David

Wait I just checked my notes and I am supposed to keep you entertained.

flo

::) you suppose Wilma's brother is where the saying originated "I'll take my bat and ball and go home"
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

I don't know, but that is what he would do.

Catwoman

Uh, guys, look out...it's starting to heat up on the Forum again! :o  We'll see how long it takes for all of the screaming to begin!

pam

Lol, ain't gonna be no screamin from me.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Tobina+1

Pam; I thought you quit politics anyway?   ;D
The only reason I'm in here is to see why you thought it was quiet!

pam

Yeah I did for awhile lol now I'm tryin to be a little mellower about it but still do it :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk