END OF THE FORUM WAR

Started by flo, July 05, 2008, 09:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I have just logged on after a couple days.  OMG  :o :o :o  I think it is time to end all this black vs white vs democrat vs republican vs muslim vs christianity.  ENOUGH ALREADY.  This forum is not going to fix what is wrong with our government.  I don't think there is a member on here who is not capable of making their own decision as to who they should and will vote for.  Let each one do their own homework and vote their own consious (sp. and I don't have time to look it up).  I don't know who I'll vote for and whoever I do vote for will be my business and I will keep it to myself.  Always been that way, see no reason to change.  And I'll have my own reasons for voting the way that I do.  My reasons may not be agreeable with anyone else, but that's okay.  If this keeps up there will be bitter enemies on this forum with no end in sight.  PLEASE PLEASE, let's call a truce, effective immediately.  Thank you   :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Dale Smith

Well said, Flo.  I definately agree!

Marcia Moore

Wilma

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Teresa

I have been gone for 3 days.. Just got back on to check a few things and my pm box is overflowing.  :o
What is the is hell is going on here?
I haven't even read one thread yet..( had to get through the pms first... ) but I am fixing on reading right now.. and I will take whatever measures are necessary. Just so everyone has a heads up BEFORE I read anything.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

You know.. I don't care at all what anyone posts on here as far as articles.. as they lead to discussions, differences of opinion .
And I have strongly posted my viewpoints on here, as most everyone has at one time or another. And the differences are great.. as long as they are kept civil... but when the posting gets to be that of judge and jury and throwing temper tantrums on a personal level, then it takes on a whole different atmosphere. And one that won't be tolerated in this forum.
But we are all human.. and *gasp* not perfect... ;)
I have been just as guilty in doing that as anyone..(and I DID apologize to Tobino   ;) ) so I understand how we all get so fed up that we want to just at times, strike out. But we can't. Well we can... but it just makes us look a fool in the long run.   :-[

I can find literally millions of articles on McCain and Obama. Some ..on both sides have very valid points and truths.. and some are lies. So discuss the truths and lies..and the message.. NOT bad mouth the messenger. If you are truly interested in feedback and want the responses, then post what ever you want to. But please don't just start cramming unending articles on the board because you are mad. It only comes back to bite the "poster" in the butt. ( I speak from experience.  ;)

I agree that we believe the way we believe.. and most likely that won't change. Whether it be politics.. religion .. family matters or the best way to cook and eat a steak.. So we all ( myself included) need to remember that even though we are all in different political circles ..we still have to respect each other. You may not even like a person on here.. That's okay. But you still have to respect each other if you are going to post on the threads. If you can't disagree in a half way decent manner than I suggest you don't post on that thread.

And don't take every little sentence as a personal attack. These are articles that are posted & read by lots of people. But they were written by lots of different people and put out in the public universe for anyone to read and agree or disagree with. .
They are NOT about YOU!   Just because the word "Black" is used.. it is NOT a personal attack .. If the word "Muslim" is used.. it is NOT a personal attack. It the word "White Trash" is used.. it is NOT a personal attack. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon and get so overly sensitive sometimes and generally makes what was a tiny ant hill into a huge personal mountain.  Chill out. Get off it..
When the day is done..No one care if you are black, white, orange or red. They don't give a damn if you are conservative or liberal. They don't care if you like meat or are a vegetarian. If you are a Buddist or a born again Christian.What we all do care about is our God...our families ..our homes and our way of life and the freedoms we have in this life.  Yes..politics effects all of that I know.. but 
as much as we want to change the world to make it as we think it should be.. it isn't likely going to happen.. so lets calm down, take a deep breath and relax and enjoy all the differences of opinion from everyone in all areas of the forum.

That's it in a nutshell.

This thread is open for all comments.
Thank you.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pam

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

for the words of our leader, Teresa, I say:

flo

and for the words and pic by Pam, good job.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk