Today, Glenn Beck called Obama "the Manchurian Candidate."

Started by Warph, June 30, 2008, 08:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Sounds like tallerthanmost might be coming up shorter than most at the moment...I have not read anyone spouting profusely from the Bible (which, by the way, is capitalized).  If there were any brief quotes from the Good Book, I'm sure the people who did it were completley in earnest, much the same as those of you who have had such an earnest reaction to even the briefest taint of even the smallest possibility of racism...even when it absolutely wasn't there.  Before you go admonishing anyone to read their Good Books, I would make the suggestion..."Physician, heal thyself!".  Before you can remove the splinter from someone else's eye, you have to remove the plank from your own.

Wilma

I say "Good for you" to tallerthanmost for correcting her spelling.  Wish more people would take the time to do that.

Catwoman

Spelling has been corrected and the plank removed! :-)  Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow, Wilma!! :-)

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

dnalexander

Tallerthanmost, I can understand how you might say some of those things, but to say there are people spouting the Bible. I don't know if you are talking about the religious\spiritual part of the forum since I don't look there, but I don't see that at all in other parts of the forum. That is just an utter mis-characterization of what goes on here. If you had said racist, right wing, passionate, rigid maybe I could understand how you mistook some of what is said on the forum.

While the spelling and grammar on the forum is often poor, many times it is due to the informality of typing off the top of your head.

More importantly what you will find on here is a group of people that anyone would be lucky to have as a friend.

David

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

dnalexander

One more important thing.

No matter how much you disagree and sometimes need a break from the "heated" topics you will always be welcomed back to the conversation. Tallerthanmost thanks for your opinion. I look forward to your participation on the forum.

David

sixdogsmom

So David, is it smoky out where you are? You are in CA?
Edie

dnalexander

Sixdogsmom, Yes I am in California. I live in Belmont halfway between San Francisco and San Jose. When you hear about Silicon Valley that is where I live. The nearest big fires are 40 to 50 miles away. It is very smokey here and we are supposedly registering the worst air quality ever recorded. Last count was 1400 fires in the state. Very bad right now. Thanks for asking.

David

Howell4ever

So sorry to upset some of you on here. What I meant by all that I have said is that some on here are very judmental and flipflop with their own opinions I read something a person has said then they  contradict themselves with their next statement... I read people saying its wrong to judge someone then they are the ones that are judging.. The Bible ( I capt. this time for you) is where people can go to find their way of how they should be  living  their lifes and to be healed, a Physician is where you go to be mediciated and  healed. As far as the racism comment that is what got me going in the first place it is alife and going strong on here by many comments being made. Which is very sad it is 2008 people and the United States is definetly a huge melting pot and we all have to live work and play side by side with all races, be that black, white, mexican, asian etc  etc etc.  Obama is half black yes he is also half white, he seems to be a very good family man, he seems to be very educated, he seems to love the United States and we can not knock the man for that.   His fathers Muslim,  we dont pick are fathers, we cannot change who are parents are, we can only be who we want to be, only we can make are futures and I believe we cannot punish anyone for who their parents are but look at only who they are as a person... He is a good leader sure there may be someone out there who could do a better job theres always someone out there better but where are they.. We have two gentlemen to choose from not from the better ones... So we are now in a postition where we have to choose from the ones who stepped up to the plate and put themselves out there for us to choose and on the bad side for some of us to judge and put down when all they want to do is make the United States a better place for all of us.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk