Hi! My family is really interested in moving to Howard, Moline, or Severy, KS

Started by Samantha, June 30, 2008, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

HA HA HA! ;D ;D ;D In my case any peepers would be yelling "put your clothes back on!"

Janet Harrington

I have sat here this evening and read every post on Hi!  My family is really interested in moving to Howard, etc.  What a fantastic job you all have done in selling our town to Samantha.  Even the surrounding towns.  I am so proud of all of you. 

Samantha,  If you decide to not move to Howard, I think you will really miss out on a wonderful little town experience.

Roma Jean Turner

This Forum makes me want to move to Elk Co.  In fact the other day a friend of mine asked me if I was going to move to Elk Co.  I asked him why he asked me that question.  He said, because I talk about Elk Co so much. So..............I'm homesick for Kansas, I'll have to make another run again before long.  (God, now I'm craving Poplar Pizza at 11:10pm).

sixdogsmom

Roma, it is really beautiful here right now. We have had plenty of rain, and the grass is gorgeous; all the trees are full in leaf and we haven't had enough hot weather to stress anything. I have a flower bed out beside our workshop that has gone crazy; the primrose is eave high and pushing hard against the sunflowers. I have not watered the tomatoes even one time and they are head high. The down side is mowing; every time you turn around, it is time to mow and trim. Lots of mosquitos too. I could use some pizza also; wanna split one?
Edie

Roma Jean Turner

I would love to split one.  I was just talking to my stepsister in Wichita last night about when I might be able to go for a visit.  The next time I am traveling through I will contact you, sixdogs, maybe we can have a little gathering for pizza.  I always contact Wilma and Teresa if she is around.  I can picture your house, plain as day, with little dogs looking out the upper windows on the west side.  I'm homesick for Kansas.

DanCookson

I am a big fan of Springfield Roma!!

It would be just close enough to Branson so I could slip down to Lake Taneycomo for some trout fishing!!!

frawin

Roma, we love to stop at Lambert's (I think that is the name), home of the thrown rolls. Dan, I think you would like Lambert's they have people standing around in the dining room with pans of fresh baked dinner rolls, you signal to them and they throw the rolls across the room to you, they keep throwing until you catch one. The food is good also. Of couse my favorite stop in Springfield is Bass Pro, Springfield is the home for it.
Frank

Jo McDonald

Dan and I really don't want to stop anywhere on the way, Frank, we have been dead heading to Lake Tanneycomo since he was 4 years old.  Trout fishing is the name of the game,---Right, Danny?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

DanCookson

Yep, so many memories....

Every time I go and I see those ducks I always think about grandpa sitting out in the lawn chair while I fed them having a "toddie" and flipping those cigarette butts to the ducks and laughing when they would grab it and run for the water!!!

frawin

That is neat Jo, aren't grandkids fun, I tell my kids if I had known how special Grandkids were I would have skipped having kids and had Grandkids. I know those are special times for you and Dan both and times you both will remember forever. Dan is a pretty neat youmg man and don't tell him I said so but he is pretty astute businessman as well.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk