What Do You Save???

Started by Wilma, April 16, 2008, 10:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I went back up a few and found the "pantyhose" uses.  I used them for drying onions when I had a garden.  Cut off the foot, tie a knot, put in an onion, tie a knot, put in another onion, tie a knot and you get the picture.  Hang them from the nail and they are not touching each other so lot less "rot" -   When you need an onion just take the scissors and whack off the bottom of the pantyhose holder.  worked for me, it did. ::)
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

If you ever have a chance, the books called the Tightwad Gazette have a lot of good information like this in them...the info was gleaned from a number of years of the magazine by the same name.  There are three total books...between the three of them, there's tons of good ideas for using up and re-purposing things. :-)

sixdogsmom

Flo, I did that one year; an awesome way to keep onions. I don't think I lost a single one, however my house smelled of onion for some weeks till they started drying out!

Quote from: flo on July 01, 2008, 11:57:33 AM
I went back up a few and found the "pantyhose" uses.  I used them for drying onions when I had a garden.  Cut off the foot, tie a knot, put in an onion, tie a knot, put in another onion, tie a knot and you get the picture.  Hang them from the nail and they are not touching each other so lot less "rot" -   When you need an onion just take the scissors and whack off the bottom of the pantyhose holder.  worked for me, it did. ::)
Edie

flo

::) :-[ I bet that's right.  I hung mine in the garage.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk