Students Trample on Old Glory

Started by Teresa, June 28, 2008, 02:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

I agree, SDM...and, if you noted the age of those two who were doing most of the demeaning of the Vet., you could imagine those two being part of the "make love, not war" set...and probably sitting around discussing all of their wisdom through a fog of 'Mary Jane' (lol).

flo

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

larryJ

I have never posted a second reply on the same subject on this forum, but I wanted to add this.  Just the mere fact that those flags were even laying on the floor is a violation of the rules concerning our flag.  I remember that the flag was to never touch the ground.  That woman should be given a class on America and its wars to see how many died for that flag.  OR, just publicly flogged like they used to do in the revolutionary days!  Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

flo

in this case, Larry, your second post was right on ! ! ! and needed to be said.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

I have read all of your comments on this subject with interest. I can't hold my thoughts back any further, how do you expect our young people to respect the flag when the Number one Democrat, the Democrat that is the candidate for President , did not show respect for the flag during the singing of the NATIONAL ANTHEM, and contrary to one of his excuses, he was not singing. This all happened on National Television for all to see, I am sure that the Rev Wright was proud of him. I have talked to several Veterans on this subject and they were very upset that a United States Senator, a candidate for President would be so disrespectful to the flag and do it in public full well knowing the world was watching, and further that a man of his position would try to blame it on the fact that he didn't know that he was to place his hand over his heart during the National Anthem. I have Presidential Memorial Certificates hanging on my wall that were for 3 of my deceased Brothers that were World War II Veterans, I can tell all of them would be very upset at this incident.

Frank

sixdogsmom

How do you expect our young people to have respect for ANY thing when our president  (GWB) is quoted as saying the constitution of the United States is just a GD piece of paper?
Edie

frawin

I think the unproven statement you refer to was taken out of context, and for sure it was not on National Television for all to see.  There is no question that George Bush and Laura and their families are Loyal Americans and Bush has and will defend the constitution in everyway. I can't judge the so-called statement becauase I don't know what pressure the President was under at the time. I would be disappointed if he said that but I have also said things under pressure that I regret. Noone has ever questioned the Presidents Love and Loyalty to his country and certainly not his familys love and loyalty to America.
Bush On The Constitution
For some reason, this story by Doug Thompson is getting a lot of attention.

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Here's his "proof:"

I've talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution "a goddamned piece of paper."

Three nameless people, eh?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bush actually said this, but it's simply irresponsible to publish this without actually naming the names of people who can verify it.

Posted in News | Comments (63) | View recent posts
Home

Diane Amberg

About the flag incident.Those people (40's?) were too young to be part of my generation. I do not condone any of it, but on a college campus, nothing surprises me. They are learning to define how they think and feel and are choosing their values for life. They probably learned a good lesson in that, along with rights come responsibilities, and their "right" to lay the flag on the floor will be met in some measure by those who would, should and did object. I expect there were many kids there who were unhappy at what was done, but were afraid to object because they didn't know what was happening. They know there is a war going on. Many have family and friends "over there," I'm sure. There were many anti Vietnam demonstrations on campus when I was at UD., and the vets were treated very badly when they came home. At least nobody is screaming"baby killers" at our young military now. They will learn. I'd hardly call what they did an art project... more like a sociology experiment. A poorly thought out one. There are many other ways they could have gotten the same information without hurting anyone and causing such an uproar. Many people feel  just as strongly about the swastika.  But today's young people are extremely far removed from all that. "I wonder what would happen if"....now they know.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk