Sedan's Bradford Hotel for Sale on ebay

Started by Marcia Moore, June 27, 2008, 08:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

A Business Opportunity............
BRADFORD HOTEL FOR SALE ON EBAY FOR $1,000,000
     The Sedan Area Foundation is the owner of this historic 1904 bradford Hotel in Sedan, KS. The building was purchased with the intent to renovate the building to preserve an important historic structure. Once complete the hotel will provide lodging for visiting families, tourists and tour groups as well as create new jobs in the community.  It will provide space for corporate get-a-ways and conference meetings. It is envisioned as a destination hotel for the more than 40,000 people whe visit here every year.
     The building has been placed on the National Historic Registry as well as the Kansas Historic Registry. Grants totaling well over a million dollars have already been spent to repair the exterior, bring all of the infrastructure up to exceding code and refurbish the first floor. The first floor features an atrium inside and a patio for outside eating. In addition a conference room is located on the first floor. a new elevator is in place to reach the second and third floor rooms.
     Plans call for a restaurant and bar/lounge on the first floor. The second and third floors would be turned into 32 luxurious hotel rooms.
      Tax credits totaling $300,000.00 have been secured and will be given to the person finishing the top two floors. In addition a $700,000.00 no interest loan is available from USDA. Other financial incentives may also be available.
      The foundation is looking for a person or group to finish the second and third floor and to put a restaurant in place in what we envision as our "jewel on the prairie" as it will be the only hotel in the county.
     For more information or if you are interested please contact June at 620-725-3537....

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-Business-Opportunity_W0QQitemZ330247145369QQihZ014QQcategoryZ15825QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

W. Gray

That is a sad note because they surely tried getting Bill Kurtis to invest.

When they started this project, it sounded like it was rather big for local pockets.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

twirldoggy

I believe it best for the hotel to appeal to locals and former locals .  I do understand the concept of a destination hotel, but do not see that as somethiong that would sustain the hotel in the long run.  My favoriye activity while living in Howard was to go to the Green Door where locals gathered and the food was outstanding.  Staff were very friendly.   Lets say the hotel has rooms under $ 100 and really good food with drinks available, then they will have a steady business.   Susan

Tobina+1

Hopefully they'll get someone to come in and buy it.  It's a beautiful building.  Sedan has done a great job of improving their downtown area and updating the original buildings.  Unfortunately, though, some of the business have shut down even since I moved to the area (3-1/2 years).  That's too bad.
I wish Elk County could update and refurbish some of their old buildings.  We have some that are beautiful and I can only imagine how they once looked in their glory days!

Speaking of e-bay, I can't believe how many buildings are sold on there!  In fact, didn't Indygal buy the church they live in on e-bay?  In my home county, they sold a school over e-bay (consolidated schools and wasn't using the old one).  It was bought by a company who makes parts for prosethetics.  I'm not sure if the company has moved in yet or not, but it has the opportunity to bring a few jobs to the area, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk