The Real Issues\ We The People

Started by dnalexander, June 26, 2008, 06:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

My purpose of this topic is for us to discuss the top major issues facing America and what we think can\should be done to solve these problems. Let's be civil, state your own opinions, support your facts so we can check them out. No name calling and keep it on the real major issues Anyone interested? You can talk about McCain and Obama in other threads. What do we the people think? Should we limit it to the top 3 or 5 topics?

To start us off here is what seems to be a representative list of the major issues regarding polling.  What are your top five issues for America?

David

A collection of polls to help you make your list:

http://www.pollingreport.com/prioriti.htm

dnalexander

Here is a big list from the polls but I want to talk about what we think is important. I add these to help you make your own list.

The economy
Energy, including gas prices .
The situation in Iraq .
Health care .
Terrorism .
Taxes .
Illegal Immigration
Education
Jobs
Health care
Social Security
Iraq
The federal budget deficit
Taxes
Terrorism
The environment
Moral values
Trade policy
Abortion
Gay marriage

Wilma

Couldn't you find anything controversial? ;D ;D ;D :angel:

dnalexander

My personal top five issues for discussion.

Economy
Energy
Healthcare
Illegal Immigration
Environment

David

Wilma

David, I would love to do this, but I have trouble getting my thoughts organized and putting them into words.  I hope some of the rest of you do this.  After all it is your job to keep me entertained, isn't it?

sixdogsmom

Because we live on fixed income, here are mine;

Economy
Energy
Iraq
Social Security
Environment

I think with the energy costs and the foreclosure fiasco, the economy is probably going to be the number one issue in this election. I think that big oil has gotten into the pockets of government, not only with the cost of gasoline, but natural gas too. I also think big oil is trying to loosen up the restrictions for drilling before this administration leaves office. I think that Washington would be better off to run all the lobbyists out on a rail, no matter the sponser.

I think it is past the time to get the heck out of Iraq, we do not belong there, we aren't gaining anything there, and the expense is atrocious.

Of course I don't want to see SS changed, and I don't want to see it privatised. Look at the performance of the stock exchange in the past six months.

We have made great strides on the environment in the past 30 years. Don't let us lose that progress for a little oil. Let's use our ingenuity instead. Why not help small towns in Kansas develope their own wind energy for instance? Just think, free power for residents, and maybe rechargeable trains between towns. Just pause and change batterys. Our small towns are about 20 miles apart for a reason; it was the distance a steam powered train could run without refilling with water.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk