Who is Dee Gee

Started by frawin, June 23, 2008, 09:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Dee Gee, I loved seeing the picture you put out here.  It looks just like I remember you when you lived on what is now Turkey Road.  Yes, I remember hearing your Mother call you Dale Gene a few times, too. 
mlw

frawin

Dale, Myrna just explained to me who you are, I remember your Father well, I just had not connected that Alva was your father. Or that you were the Crismas family that lived just East of Myrna's home place.
Frank winn

Dee Gee

Frank, my dad (Alva) was known well in the Howard & Severy area through his association with the Old Fellows lodge and their grocery store in Severy, and he could remember names & faces for years if he met you one time he could recall when that was. But our name is Crismas, for some reason my greatfather changed the spelling of it.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

frawin

Dale, I just made a typo on your name, I was aware it was Crismas.  Your Dad was well known and he never met a stranger.
Frank

pam

I remember you're dad and mom both DeeGee. My grandad spent hours sittin back by the meat counter visitin with alva. i remember helpin grandad take his milk and cream up to the dock on the back of the store to be picked up. Brought up some good memories for me:)
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Dee Gee

Pam, I remember your dad and grandad, Alva and I used to bowl with them many years ago.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

frawin

DeeGee, sometime refresh my memory how Clinton got his nickname.  If I ever knew, I have forgotten.  Mother always called him by his nickname.  I don't think anyone ever did at school, however.
mlw

Dee Gee

Myrna, our dad (Alva) gave all us boys nicknames: Pucker, Bozo, & Dummy why he chose these names I don't know.  Also we never called our father anything but Alva, I guess that is because that was Mom called him.

frawin

I remember the other nicknames for you and Jimmy, but had forgotten about them.  We, too, had nicknames at home, but Dad was the only one who ever called us by them.  He never called us by nicknames away from home.   They were just silly, except for Gordon and he was Sonny most all of his life.  Did Frances have a nickname, too?

Dee Gee

Myrna, she didn't really have a nickname but we called her sis, our dad used our nicknames any place and all the time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk