SPENCER, Amber Michelle - b. February 27, 1980 - d. June 15, 2008

Started by patyrn, June 18, 2008, 10:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Amber Michelle Spencer, 28, of Gas, Kansas, formerly of Yates Center, Kansas, died in a traffic accident near Chanute, Kansas on June 15, 2008.  She was born February 27, 1980 in Iola, Kansas, the daughter of Teddy Spencer and Linda (DeLong) Ohmie.  She grew up in Yates Center, Kansas and was graduated from Yates Center High School in 1998.  She also was graduated from Community College of Cosmetology in Topeka in 2006 and was employed at Wrangler's Salon in Iola at the time of her death. 

She was preceded in death by her grandparents George and Viola Spencer.

She is survived by her mother and her husband, Linda (DeLong) and Duane Ohmie of Yates Center, Kansas; her father and his wife, Teddy and Patricia Spencer; three sisters, Dawn Spencer of Topeka, Kansas, Krista Ohmie of Derby, Kansas, and Karla Boots and her husband Justin of Welda, Kansas; two brothers
Brandon Ohmie and his wife Melissa of Topeka, Kansas and Brian Laver of Gas, Kansas; her grandparents, Wendall "Red" and Alice DeLong of Yates Center, Kansas; her beloved dogs, Syd, Dalton, and Cleo; and many uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces, and nephews. 

Funeral services will be Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 1:30 p.m. at Campbell Funeral Home in Yates Center, Kansas, with burial at Graceland Cemetery in Burlington, Kansas.  The family will receive friends for visitation on Friday evening, June 20, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home.  Memorial contributions may be made to Kansas CASA Association or Fees Park in Gas fund in care of Campbell Funeral Home, Yates Center, Kansas.

(taken from the Campbell Funeral Home website and the Iola Register website)

frawin

Our love and Prayers go out to the family. Linda was our neighbor girl when Myrna and I were first married. Her father Wendell and I hunted together. Ava , Linda's sister works with my niece in Wichita and Ava came to my Sister Anita's services and I had a good visit with her. What a neat person that Ava matured to. The pain of losing a child would be terrible.
Frank

Teresa

Linda was Mark and my classmate in school. I can not even imagine.. nor do I want to... the anguish and devastation of your hearts soul  of losing a child.
(I really don't know if I could survive that...I really don't)  :'( :'( :'(

My thoughts are with the family...
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk