I wish Elk County would----------

Started by Wilma, June 17, 2008, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

I wish elk county would listen to their doctors.  Elk county Beef and pork are not bad for anyone.   W store meat would kill a turkey buzzard.  No doctor that is worth his weight in script pads tells you you can't have anything.  What they say is that if you change your eating habits you will improve your health.  They don't tell you that you can't eat anything that is good.  They say to eat in moderation. You may not be able to have the porterhouse but I bet a fillet would not put you in the emergency room.   Increase you outputs before you increase you inputs.  Simple physics.   Tyson Chicken crap in then chicken crap out. 

I think it is a conspiracy between the tofu and veggie groups paying off doctors to get more old  skinny grumpy people in the world.  It is started by the Chinese to sell smaller clothes so they make more per bolt of fabric.

Beer is bad for you in excess  but I bet that I can find a empty bottle on your place. Or a still?  Are your moonshine skills up to par? 

Why would you eat chicken when pork is so much cheaper per pound?   If you raise a chicken it will give you a few dozen eggs and then assuming you are not out of fresh buttermilk, one fine fried chicken meal.  If you were to raise one pig you could eat for months.     Throw in some bovine and you could eat for the better part of a year.  It might help your attitude as well.   Poultry  eating causes lower vertebra discomfort from all the pecking for feed.

Quote from: srkruzich on October 16, 2008, 03:43:18 PM
Uhmmm rock road is still a pit.  :P  I got high centered yesterday.  My tires sank down into the muck in the road trail and the center of my truck sat right down on solid ground.

If you would slow down you could see the muddy parts of the road before you get to them.  I would suggest getting rid of what ever you are driving now and get a mountain bike.  Then you would only have to deal with one track of the road and you would save on tires.  Half as many tires on the road means half the costs.   Need to get to town quickly just peddle faster.

Chicken.......Why would you eat something that eats stuff that comes out of the back side of a cow? 

srkruzich

Quote from: pepelect on October 16, 2008, 08:40:49 PM
I wish elk county would listen to their doctors.  Elk county Beef and pork are not bad for anyone.   W store meat would kill a turkey buzzard.  No doctor that is worth his weight in script pads tells you you can't have anything.  What they say is that if you change your eating habits you will improve your health.  They don't tell you that you can't eat anything that is good.  They say to eat in moderation. You may not be able to have the porterhouse but I bet a fillet would not put you in the emergency room.   Increase you outputs before you increase you inputs.  Simple physics.   Tyson Chicken crap in then chicken crap out. 
Well i agree tyson chicken is crap.  I don't eat tyson chicken.  :)

QuoteBeer is bad for you in excess  but I bet that I can find a empty bottle on your place. Or a still?  Are your moonshine skills up to par?
Nope you would lose that bet, i don't have beer here :) My skills are a bit rusty :) but i still remember how to make a good batch of apple jack or kentucky bourbon. 

QuoteWhy would you eat chicken when pork is so much cheaper per pound? 
Chickens will make me money from eggs and when they are past their prime in egg laying make me a fine meal. Their eggs more than pays for their feed. So i eat chicken for free. 

QuoteIf you raise a chicken it will give you a few dozen eggs and then assuming you are not out of fresh buttermilk, one fine fried chicken meal.  If you were to raise one pig you could eat for months. 
Maybe, but then i have to contend with the cholesterol out of that pig.

QuoteThrow in some bovine and you could eat for the better part of a year.
Shrug honestly i haven't had a good steak or pound of hambuger anywhere in years.  Last good steak i had you could cut it with a fork. That was in 1988.  Haven't found anyone that can grow a good beef that tender since my grandpa died.

QuoteIf you would slow down you could see the muddy parts of the road before you get to them.  I would suggest getting rid of what ever you are driving now and get a mountain bike.  Then you would only have to deal with one track of the road and you would save on tires.  Half as many tires on the road means half the costs.   Need to get to town quickly just peddle faster.
If i had been going fast, i wouldnt' have gotten stuck now would i!

QuoteChicken.......Why would you eat something that eats stuff that comes out of the back side of a cow? 
Maybe your chickens do, but mine don't ;)

[/quote]
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

;D ;D

Now THAT was entertaining..
Thanks you 2... :D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Lookatmeknow!!

Have you eaten a steak from true home grown Elk county beef since then??  I don't think so.  I know that our steaks are GREAT!!  All Corn feed, with hay from our own pasture ground in the corn.  I do know a guy who used to butcher our steaks that were AMAZING!!  We now take the cattle to Grenola to Family Market and they butcher them.  I have also bought ground pork from a really nice person who does do the butchering themselves!  The best meat ever!!  I can use it in Hamburger recipes or make my own sausage.  No fat in it!!  Best Pork chops around!!!  So nice and thick!!  Not any fat in this meat!! 

We do raise chickens, too!!  We haven't butchered any and don't plan on it.  My husband loves his beef and that is what we eat alot!!  No Walmart meat!!!  If we buy meat we buy it at Family Market!!!

Maybe I need to cook you a good pork chop or steak of ours and you will see that Elk County Beef and Pork producers are the best around!!!  I do the grilling at our house!!  Jeff tries, but bless his heart!!  I am just to good!!! ;) ;)  Just ask him when you see him if he would prefer his beef or pork to any other, and he would agree with me!!  He better!!  No he would!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Dale Smith

OK... I'm going to agree with Angie on this one.  Growing up in Elk County, all of the beef I ate was raised by Ernie Small, and THAT was the best I have ever had.  I don't eat a steak now, that I don't compare it with what we got from Ernie... and there is NO comparison.  Elk County beef and pork really is the best!

srkruzich

Quote from: Dale Smith on October 18, 2008, 11:24:13 AM
OK... I'm going to agree with Angie on this one.  Growing up in Elk County, all of the beef I ate was raised by Ernie Small, and THAT was the best I have ever had.  I don't eat a steak now, that I don't compare it with what we got from Ernie... and there is NO comparison.  Elk County beef and pork really is the best!
LOL well i compare every steak i ever eat to the ones my grandpa used to grow.
He would milk feed a calf to 6 months and then grain and milk for an additional 6-8 months.  mmmmmm
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Tobina+1

I think Angie meant that she takes her cattle to Grenola to Family TREE Meats (not Family Market).
I just got 1/2 a hog from our local hog farm and took it to Grenola to be butchered, and it turned out very well.  One thing to note is that since 1988, the genetics of both cattle and hogs have changed dramatically.  Hogs went from fat to lean (and tough), and now they're lean and much more tender.  Cattle and beef will be different every animal that you get, due to the huge variations in genetics.  Unfortunately, the store beef is just purchased for the low price and not the genetics, tenderness, and taste.  We get our beef from my dad in NW KS, and I would eat chicken before buying beef from the store.
Yes, I can see that if you're used to eating milk-fed beef, then it would be much more tender than what's out there today.  Very few people do that specialized feeding technique (unless it's veal).  People don't realize that beef is even more un-forgiveable than any other meat; the genetics and feeding really affect the taste and tenderness of the beef.  As well as the slaughter techniques, too.  And then let someone cook it who isn't used to cooking that type of cut, and it can be ruined quite easily. 
The biggest injustice on beef in the last 2 years was when Applebee's advertised their New York Strip Steak... and it was a SIRLOIN!  I could never figure that out.  The only thing I could think of was that "New York Strip" was not an official USDA cut, so they could call a Sirloin whatever they wanted.  VERY misleading, and unfortunate for the industry.  Trying to sell a low-grade cut with a high-grade name; talk about disappointed customers.
Not sure where the county thread turned into beef/pork/chicken?
Back to point... 2" of rain didn't really help matters at all.  Pop quiz:  When you have a hole in the ground, what do you fill it with?

Wilma

Tobina, I am going to be picky and ask you,  How do you take half a hog to the butcher?  Forgive me.

sixdogsmom

Wilma, I was wondering the same thing myself---- front half or back half!! LOL!
Edie

heather_tyler_2014

Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk