I wish Elk County would----------

Started by Wilma, June 17, 2008, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

You're right, Jo.  Although I always cringe at the thought of going to a meeting like that... I'm not a complainer and don't want to be perceived as such.  I hate to be critical of someone else's job, because I know "I" couldn't do it myself!  My thoughts are why should I have to go "raise a fuss" at a meeting, when someone else is supposed to be getting paid (and is trained) to manage these problems?

Jo McDonald

Yes, that is true, but-------the squeaky wheel gets the grease ( as they say ) and those in power have to hear that everyones is NOT always happy with their performance - they may be and probably are trained to do their duties, but you know,  ofentimes they like to "slide by" and do only enough to get by.  I hope I am not classified as a "whiner/giper" but I was taught to do it right the first time, and you won't have to do it over.  And I believe that as writers of the pay checks, that rule should be "the laid in cememt rule" ...either do the job right - or go look for another one that lets you slide by.
  Grouchy old woman, today, aren't I?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Tobina+1

Yes, I agree about being raised to do the job right the first time.  So, I would have to go in to the Commissioners meeting armed with pictures, graphs, diagrams just to make sure I got the job done right.  Ha! 
How about if I just send all that stuff with Wilma when she goes in to tell them about the weed spraying?  (How's that for chickening out?)

Jo McDonald

dnalexander

I am a big believer in stating your opinion. I have spent many years working in a service environment in business and in government. I also, find myself not wanting to be the whiner\complainer etc. I think many of us are in the same boat. I could write 10,000 pages on this topic. Since we are talking about a government agency that your tax dollars pay for you have the right and some might say the responsibility to say something. I think we all find ourselves in the same dilemma. I still struggle with it myself. Overall in the situation that you talk about I don't think anyone would think of you as a whiner and sometimes we all need to complain.

David

Tobina+1

Thanks for the encouragement.
I am a "solutions" type of person.  I don't just complain or criticize; I offer solutions for making it work right.  Which is why I said I'd have to go in armed with diagrams and pictures!  Then I come across as a "know it all", which for me is worse.  Plus, sometimes you get roped into helping/doing something you don't really want to do!

Anyway, it looks like rain again, so I guess the roads will only get worse!

hhjacobs

The commissers meeting are the second and last Monday of every month. Open forum is at 1 p.m. If you want on the list to speak you need to let Donna know by the wed. before. The next meeting is the 30th at 1 p.m.

Jo McDonald

I think the commissioners would welcome some input about your concerns.  You know, none of us are mind readers, and unless you do go to the open forum, and voice your concerns, they have no idea that you even have any..other than the "stuff" they hear at the cafe or Toots.
Of course, you could write your commissioner a letter and let her/him know what your concerns are.  Same way with the city council.  You need to have your voice heard, otherwise their decisions are all that they have. 

Flintauqua

Did the Commissioners ever find a new road boss??

hhjacobs

Yes, they hired a gentleman by the name of Ernest Lackey. He worked for a constuction company in Wichita before moving to Elk county. He started to work yesterday 9/2/08.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk