KITCHENS, Carl Gene - b. October 22,1960 - d. June 14, 2008

Started by patyrn, June 16, 2008, 03:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Carl Gene Kitchens, 47, of Howard, Kansas, died June 14, 2008 at Via Christi Regional Medical Center-St. Francis Campus in Wichita, Kansas.  Mr. Kitchens was born October 22, 1960 in Wichita, Kansas to Bueford Gene and Barbara Ann (Cain) Kitchens.  At an early age, he moved with his family to Jenks, Oklahoma where he attended school until the family moved to Howard in 1970.  He graduated from West Elk High School in 1979.

After high school, he worked in the Kansas oil fields before moving to Los Angeles, California where he was employed by Dolly Madison Bakery for 11 years.  In the early 1990s, he returned to Howard and became employed as a driller for Berentz Drilling Company in Wichita.

On December 14, 1999, he married Adrian Denise "Amy" (Wilnerd) Weakley at the Howard United Methodist Church.  They made their home in Howard.  He was a member of the Union of Operating Engineers at Emporia, Kansas. 

He is survived by his wife Amy Kitchens of Howard; his daughter, Savannah and his son, Devin, both of Texas; his stepdaughters, Devyn Weakley of Howard, Kansas and Laura Weakley and Lindsey Weakley, both of El Dorado, Kansas; his mothe, Barbara Kitchens of Johnson City, Tennessee; his sister, Tammy Kitchens of Johnson City, Tennessee; and his brother, Tim Kitchens of Kansas City, Missouri.

Sevices will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 19, 2008,  at Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas.  The Rev. Charles Cryderman will officiate.  Cremation will take place following the service and private inurnment will be held at a later date.

A memorial has been established with the Ronald McDonald House.  Contributios may be left with the funeral home.

(published in the Winfield Daily Courier, June 16, 2008)

heather_tyler_2014

this is so sad he had 6-9 months to live and he didn't make it so sad
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Jo McDonald

Devyn,
We am sending you sympathy, and prayers.  May you and your family stay strong, and be blessed by the healing power of God.
Jo and Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

heather_tyler_2014

Quote from: Jo McDonald on June 17, 2008, 04:39:07 PM
Devyn,
We am sending you sympathy, and prayers.  May you and your family stay strong, and be blessed by the healing power of God.
Jo and Fred
yes the same also from me to
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Ms Bear

Devyn and Family,
I am so sorry for your loss but I hope you can find comfort in the wonderful memories that you have.  They do help so much.

Pat

Teresa

Devyn.. you and your family have my thoughts and healing prayers.

Let the memories you have help you stand strong.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk