Cell phone numbers going public

Started by Teresa, June 12, 2008, 11:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Cell  phone numbers going public tomorrow

REMINDER....all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls.

....YOU WILL  BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time  It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

It  take about 20 seconds. Kjell and I just did this..as we have stated getting telemarketing calls and they are so annoying.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

I got an e-mail a few months ago about this same thing, and there was a website where you could enter your phone number.  I did that already for my cell phone.  Am I OK?

Teresa

This was pointed out to me....(nicely as a mater of fact  :) )

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

But...................
Kjell and I DO get solicitation calls on our mobiles.. and when we called the stop number it was a legit call...  :-\
so I don't know .....

better safe than sorry, I guess. Can't hurt.. and if it will stop some of the calls I will be grateful! It is so irritating to be traveling and hurry and answer the phone while driving and then have the dang telemarketers..

I am not very nice to them at that time either..  >:(

frawin

Teresa, I registered all of our Phones, office, home and both cell phones, at www.donotcall.gov/register  it is the National do not call registry. As of February 2008 your registration no longer expires. It used to be for a 5 year period but that was changed to no experation.  The Website allows you to confirm the registration went thru and you can print the confirmation for each number you register.

Teresa

I did that too Frank...

Terrible that you have to do stuff like this anyway.. >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk