School Changes

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, June 10, 2008, 12:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

Mike Bellar will be the new board member for Howard's district.  Shelly Hare will be the Severy position.   Congratulations to both. 

45 total votes for district 5.  Wow.......Very impressive.

greatguns

Mom70x7

I had high hopes for a better turn-out.
I was voter #30, at 9 in the morning.

Sad, isn't it.

Tobina+1

I don't know what number I was, but I took advantage of the early voting on Monday before I left town for 2 days.
I wonder why the paper didn't cover more about these elections and do interviews of the candidates?  I'm sure with all the towns they have to cover, it's hard to do interviews with all the candidates for every position, but this instance would have maybe helped with voting numbers.

greatguns

Let me clarify.  The smiley's are for Joanna.

lola330

Tobina:  I agree completely.  How were people to determine who to vote for?  We didn't even know what these people stood for or what they hoped to do for our schools.  Without interviews etc. it seems like the voting was a personality contest or something like that.  Based on what were we to make our decisions and vote?  I voted, but I'm not sure what issues I voted for.

Joanna

Quote from: greatguns on April 08, 2009, 05:37:14 AM  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Thanks! I needed that... or at least someone did  ;)

On another note,
I thought I was #125 in mid afternoon, but maybe I was mistaken, or maybe that was total and not just Dist.5

I didn't feel like I had much info about the candidates either, but I feel like it's mostly my own fault for not checking into it ahead of time... not like I couldn't have found any of them on the street and asked a couple questions if I'd wanted to.  It would be easier with a newspaper interview or two, but like Tobina noted, the paper can't be everywhere all the time ~ and maybe we should have asked for it before the election.  Live & learn.

sixdogsmom

I agree, I would have thought that there would have been at the very least letters to the editor from the candidates stating their positions and ideas concerning the positions they sought. Maybe next time, ----Hmmm???
Edie

Lookatmeknow!!

I have to say, that either Mike or Patrick would have worked hard for our schools.  I think Micky would have also.  I think you are right about not knowing what they stand for, but right now if the person that wants out let them out of the school board.  Mike, Patrick, or Micky wanted to be in that position.  I think that is what is important.  They knew the mess that they were going into and were willing to try and help us all out, no matter what.  Same is for the ones that ran in Severy.  Erin or Shelley would have been good. 
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Warph

How come I didn't get a number???
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk