School Changes

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, June 10, 2008, 12:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Pep, my friend, that number came from you, approximately two years ago, when all this discussion began.
Edie

pepelect

But it was for the entire district.

okiemon

[/quote]What are you talking about moving the bus barn?  We will still save 500k closing the two grade schools tomorrow.  The yearly payment of the bond can't be determined until the bond is passes.  The bond rate is not set until you actually sell the bonds.  The thing you just voted down was exactly what you just described.  The construction of the building was a maximum of 5.55million dollars.  Our current state waiting allows for the state to pay for 29-35% of capital improvements such as school construction.  Our local bond total would have been $3,385,50.  Deduct from that the $360,000 for the hardening of the Fema room.  That would be a total of $3,025,500.

What did you think you were voting on?
[/quote]
My ballot said a 5.55 million dollar bond. What did yours say?

pepelect

My Ballot Said YES with a huge check mark.

Did I word the ballot? no  Did you have all the information before you voted?   What would have changed your vote?  Did you vote to not spend 5.55million or did you vote to not drive 12 miles?

I still want to know what was ever mentioned anywhere about moving, altering, changing, or even painting the bus barn?
I don't even think we technically have a bus barn.  We have two stalls that are minimally used to repair buses.  A barn by definition stores something.  We don't have a structure that we keep the buses in.  The district office is where the bus repairs are done.  No where in any plan I say was there any mention of changing the district office, bus barn, or even the parking in front of it. 

Jane

We own property in Elk County and pay taxes. Auburn Washburn school district where my daughter went to school had mobils for years until they got a bond passed, of course this is a district that has  300 to 400 students per class.
Why could you not let the Severy children that live in Greenwood county go to Eureka and the Howard children that go to Severy go to Moline? You are going to lose federal money any way.That would help lower the classroom count. I guess my problem with all of this is why can't Howard,Moline and Severy get along and do the best thing for the children instead of the parents fighting with each other just because of were they are from? By the way it would be nice if you all stayed on the subject of the thread.
Jane

okiemon

No I did not have all the information before I voted. I was under the impression that the state and federal money was not guaranteed. A $3,025,500 bond would have changed my vote.

Relocating bus parking and utilities was what was mention not bus barn. My mistake.

Patriot

Quote from: ADP on November 06, 2009, 11:04:13 PM
Quote from: Patriot on November 06, 2009, 07:49:21 PM
Can someone provide facts as follows:

1.  Total number of students enrolled and attending school in the district.
2.  Number of students enrolled in the district broken down by grade assignment (K-12).

Thanks in advance
I could provide this very quickly at the tip of my tongue but it would require more than my allotment of words.

Thanks for being so helpful.  If you have so damned much information and are so interested in solutions and re-educating the ignorant aong us, then why on earth would you want to withold it?  I think I know, but that's a matter for another time.  No matter, thanks for the help.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

pepelect

It is not a simple answer.  It is not a two word answer. It requires more information from you. We have pre-k - 12.  Did you want those numbers.   If you want total head count that is one thing.  If you want FTE that is another.  If you want current accurate information I don't have it.  The number changes as students come and go to the district.  I know for a fact that the have been new students this week.  I don't have the information you want.  The last time I provided information I was told it was verbose.  I was told to be brief in my responses.  Call 620-374-2113 to get that information.

srkruzich

Quote from: okiemon on November 07, 2009, 07:13:14 AM
No I did not have all the information before I voted. I was under the impression that the state and federal money was not guaranteed. A $3,025,500 bond would have changed my vote.

Relocating bus parking and utilities was what was mention not bus barn. My mistake.
Okiemom we call that bait n switch in the advertising market. See it all the time when you go to buy a product for lets say 100 dollars then they tell you ohh that product is gone but we have this product at 120 dollars. Only this is in reverse. IF they got the 5 mil, then they had an extra 2.5 mil to blow.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: ADP on November 07, 2009, 09:23:02 AM
It is not a simple answer.  It is not a two word answer. It requires more information from you. We have pre-k - 12.  Did you want those numbers.   If you want total head count that is one thing.  If you want FTE that is another.  If you want current accurate information I don't have it.  The number changes as students come and go to the district.  I know for a fact that the have been new students this week.  I don't have the information you want.  The last time I provided information I was told it was verbose.  I was told to be brief in my responses.  Call 620-374-2113 to get that information.

Quote from: ADP on November 06, 2009, 11:04:13 PM
I could provide this very quickly at the tip of my tongue but it would require more than my allotment of words.

Some of the reasons significant problems exist in the district are becoming quite clear.  It would appear that some people (like you, in particular, ADP) have lots of words and very few concise answers.  And when asked simple, direct questions, you deflect and avoid simple, direct answers.  When others present perspectives, you immediately become defensive. Typically, this kind of attitude results in the complication of matters, emotional reactions and a divergence from the path to finding solutions.  If my question was too complicated for you, I apologize.  As for many of your other personal attacks?  So be it.  Water off a ducks back.

While I may, in fact, not accurately estimate the 'net worth' of some of the citizens in this county, I can pretty accurately estimate the attitudes of folks who incessantly infer that others are somehow ignorant, less knowledgeable, mistaken and who seem to talk down to others on a regular basis.

To wit, in on recent instance you said:

That wall e philosophy explains the cheap at any cost attitude you seem to project.  
One robot one world.  
I hope you have an Eve.  Otherwise it will be lonely at the top of the refuse you are spewing.  
Recycle Reduce Reuse

Extremely rude to say the least.

What, exactly did you have at stake in this latest bond issue that would cause you to so insensitively make so many inferences to the stupidity, inaccuracy or ignorance of others?  Nevermind, don't really care.  What is... is.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk