School Changes

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, June 10, 2008, 12:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D Whetstone

Yes. 7:30. District Office.

pepelect

The meeting was at 7..........It was a 2 1/2 hour executive session after executive session.        We will need a new high school principal next year.......But we have a superintendent......

Rudy Taylor

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Lookatmeknow!!

I would guess that they hired the principal from the high school for the super job.  I also guess that they have in mind a candidate for the principal job, too.  I do have an idea for a candidate, but we will see if that idea pans out.  I really don't know to much about Mr. Reese.  Does anyone that could give me an insight on him???
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Tobina+1

Why does the Prin and Super have to be 2 different people?

D Whetstone

Tobina,

I think that is a good question. One that should be asked.  We have combined two positions before (Super and Special Ed).  I am not saying this is best but should be considered.

As far as Mr Reese, I have had some interaction with him.  The Physical Image Action Team of Elk Konnected is working with the school on a Service Learning Day. Mr. Reese is very supportive of this effort.  He has other ideas (I think good) for getting the schools and community working together.  He brings experiences from other schools.  Remember, he has only been here a few months so he is in effect bringing outside experience to the job.

My overall impression with limited interaction is positive. I see him as even tempered, smart, and progressive.

I hope the community will be supportive of him and his efforts to better our childrens education.

Now,  how can you (West Elk patron) help you ask?  Ok, maybe you didn't come right out and ask it but I know you are wandering.  Start by coming to the Community Conversation on Monday, December 1st at the West Elk High School.  Be ready to contribute positive converstation.

Positive conversation changes the world.

David

Tobina+1

I am anxiously awaiting the conversation next Monday night!  I think it will be positive and healthy!
I do have some questions before then; sort of research...
How many administrators does the USD office have? 
How many admin does each school have (non-teachers)?
How many teachers does each school have?
How many kids in each class?
How many buses do we have, and how many miles per day do they run?
How many classes do the high school teachers teach?  Classes of the same subject, classes of different subjects?
How many non-teacher coaches are there (Jr High and HS)?
How many extracurricular activities are school sponsored?

D Whetstone

TN,

You need to call the District Office. That is the only source that could get you close on those numbers.  If you get the info, please share.

DW

Lookatmeknow!!

I have to tell you that I am going to try to attend.  I am very concerned for the school situation.  It is so up in the air.  I guess it doesn't help that I am a planner.  I have to have an idea about what the next day brings, weeks, or even months.  And the situation that the school is in worries me.  I have a 5th grader this year.  As of right now, I don't think they have any idea where they will be going to school.  I know that kids don't worry like their parents.  I need to concentrate on the positive things that the school has to offer.  I really try to do that.  I think that this meeting will help settle a little nerves that I have about the situation that our school is in.  I hope that it does.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

L Hendricks

EVERYONE needs to attend the Community conversation on Dec 1 - This will not be like any school meeting you have attended previously at WEHS.  Everyone is affected by the decisions going on out in the district office - whether or not you have children in school or not.  If a centralized campus is the focus - how can we utilize the 2 existing bldgs to further our communities.  If continuing with 2 grade schools is the desire - how can we make them more efficient.  What are our long term needs, what are our short term needs...  People need to come with positive attitudes and with the goal of giving our children the best education we can afford!  Remember this coming Mon Dec 1 - West Elk Commons Area at 7pm.  Your input will be heard.  A lot of roundtable discussion... Positive conversation changes the world!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk