Thanks for the reconnection to my "roots'!

Started by dnalexander, June 08, 2008, 08:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

I came to this forum two years ago after my mom was hit by a car walking across the road. I was looking to continue a Winn family history that she had given to me after producing it for her little brother's birthday years ago. It has been more than 30 years since I have been in Elk County. I still fondly remember my Kansas roots from both my "Kansan" parents, as well as, the 7 years I lived there. After having lived in many parts of the U.S. and many places in the rest of the world, I still consider myself to be much of a "Kansas Boy". My Brittany named "Kansas Boy" hunts quail and pheasant just outside of one of the largest metropolitan areas of the US. I registered as a forum member recently after the death of my Aunt Anita Winn to post a message for my family and her friends. Along the way I have discovered one of the best online communities that I have come across. Thanks for providing me with a warm connection back to my beginnings. You all have been nice and welcoming. I would have expected nothing less coming from the people of Kansas. I look forward to talking to you all in this great forum.
David

Teresa

Thank you so much for the nice words David.
If you would.. would you scoot over to the roll call and tell us all a little bit more about yourself?
And I hope you enjoy your time on here.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Well, David, I, for one have enjoyed your posts and have hoped that you would be one that would continue posting.  I am glad that you are getting something out of this.  We old people like to influence the young ones and it is really nice to hear from them.  You just stay with us and help make this a place that everyone can enjoy.

dnalexander

Teresa,feel free to move this topic to roll call if you feel that is appropriate. I will post a more detailed post of myself and my Kansas\ Elk County]\ Winn family connection in "Roll Call". I still have a great deal of catching up on all the topics in the forum,  so sorry if I posted in the wrong spot.  Again thanks to everyone for the great response.

David

Judy Harder

David,

welcome and welcome, again.

We do like to hear each others story.

You can call us nosy, but most of the time we just CARE how you are,

and will celebrate or cry with you.

We have been also known to give someone a good swift kick/hug and kiss when they
need it.

God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Teresa

You posted just fine and I'll leave it as is..  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Hi again, David. I have to confess I'm a bit of a stowaway on here, as I actually live in Delaware.  But both my parents and grand parents were from Kansas and as I write this we are headed to Kansas to visit. It will be nice chatting with you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk