HATFIELD, Anita (Winn) (Harrison) - b. December 31, 1916 - d. June 1, 2008

Started by frawin, June 02, 2008, 05:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Frank and Myrna,

We are sorry to learn of Anita's passing, but she is now at peace and has lived a long life. May she leave lots of happy memories of good times together with the family.  She had dealt with alot of sadness through the years with losses of her children, but I recall a very gracious lady who was fun to visit with.

KRI

frawin

Thanks Karen, she did live a good long and enjoyable life, and she was a neat and special sister and friend. I didn't want her to suffer. Hope this finds you all doing great and escaping some of this rain, wind and severe weather.
Frank

dnalexander

In loving memory of my Aunt Anita. To a beautiful woman that lived a good long life. I will always remember you as the perfectly dressed woman in a pantsuit that was ahead of her time.  I will remember your smile. I will remember the night at my mom's birthday party that you stayed up till past midnight talking with me,  your nephew, about life etc. Most of all I want to say that I love you, Aunt Anita, and I will miss you.
Love,
David

Teresa

Frank.. I would like to give you a heart hug..as it can't be easy letting go of a sibling...even though ..as you say..she had a great life and was probably more than ready to "go home".
I always got a hoot out of Anita. She was a classy lady. never did you see her in town without looking all gussied up and smellin' good.

I'm sure as she crossed over, she was met by all the ones before her who had passed and the family reunion and celebration will be in full swing for quite awhile.  :)

May your memories of her and the times you spent together keep you at peace until you too, join her at our "real home" on the other side.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

Thank you Teresa, Anita would love what you said about her, and I appreciate it. You do have a way with words.
Frank

frawin

Anita (Winn) Harrison-Hatfield, 91, passed away June 1, 2008. Funeral services will be at 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, June 4, 2008 at the Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas with graveside service at 3:30 p.m. at Lakeview Gardens in Wichita, Kansas.

She was born December 31, 1916 in Rose Hill, Kansas, the first of 15 children born to Lester Frank Winn and Genevieve Cox Winn. She married Dorace Dunlap Harrison, the father of her children, on April 4, 1936. They owned Harrison's Grocery in Moline, KS until they moved to Wichita in 1953. Her career in the retail business was as a buyer and department manager with Innes'/Macy's, David's and Henry's in Wichita.

On January 31, 1976 Anita married Wayne Hatfield and they moved to her childhood hometown of Howard, Kansas in 1980. She was a member of the American Gold Star Mothers, the American Legion Auxiliary of Carter-Rader Post #149, the Howard United Methodist Church and was a past Worthy Matron of the Order of the Eastern Star.

She was preceded in death by her parents;  husbands;  two sons, George Lester Harrison and Jimmy Ken Harrison (Viet Nam 1969); and three grandchildren.  Survivors are daughters, Betty Lou Conner of Renton, Washington, and Janet (Gary) Landon, Genny (Terry) Forcum and Myrna (Fred) Clayton all of Wichita, Kansas; brothers, Dwight and Bob Winn of Howard, Kansas and Frank Winn of Bartlesville, Oklahoma; sisters,  Phyllis Davis of  Deer Creek, Oklahoma,  Charlene Jacot of Caney, Kansas,  Myrna Herbinaux of Escondido, California, and Shirley Maidt of Winfield, Kansas;  and nine grandchildren.

A memorial has been established with the Howard United Methodist Church, Howard, Kansas. Arrangements are being made with the Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas.

(published in the Wichita Eagle on 6/3/2008) 

Roma Jean Turner

My condolences as well Frank. She sounds like a wonderful person who mean't a lot to a lot of people.

Bonnie M.

Frank & Myrna.....

Mu goodness!  You have lost another sister!  It brings so much sorrow, to lose a loved one.

Please accept our love and condolences.

Until we meet again,

Our love to you.

Bob & Bonnie
Bonnie

frawin

Thanks Bonnie we appreciate you. It was really great seeing you and Bob, we took some friends to the Copan Truckstop for Catfish last Friday Night and they really enjoyed it and couldn't believe how much food they got. By the way, Diane said to tell you both hello, the Granddaughter with her was Madison, what a really neat young lady. You can all be proud of her.
Frank

Bonnie M.

Frank, when we come back that way, we'll let you know, and plan to meet you at Copan again!  We went there Saturday night, with twelve members of our family, from Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Kansas.  "A great time was had by all."

I'm glad you got to see Diane, and Madison.  I think Madison was a baby the last time we saw her.

Will your sister's funeral be the first one held at the new funeral home?
Bonnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk