HATFIELD, Anita (Winn) (Harrison) - b. December 31, 1916 - d. June 1, 2008

Started by frawin, June 02, 2008, 05:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Most of you probably know by now that Anita Winn Hatfield passed away yesterday (Sunday) morning.  We will post her obit as soon as the girls finish it.  She has been quite ill for the past several weeks.  She was Frank, Bob & Dwight's oldest sister.  The service is planned for Wednesday at Howard.  Not time is given yet.
mlw

Dale Smith

Frank - My condolences on the loss of your sister.  May God's strength help you through your loss.

frawin

Thanks Dale, Anita was my oldest Sister and I am the youngest of 15 children. Anita would have been 92 the 30th of December and she has lived a good life and I didn't want her to suffer anymore. I drove to Howard on Saturday and picked up one of my brothers and we drove to Wichita and spent the day with Anita, she knew us and gave us both many hugs and kisses, my niece said  that shortly after we left Anita closed her eyes and never responded again, she passed away the next morning.She had 2 sons and 3 daughters, her oldest son was my age and died of Cancer at a young age and her other son was killed in Vietnam, so after my Mother passed away Anita and I became very close. I have buried 5 brothers and 3 sisters and it never gets any easier.
Again thanks!
Frank Winn

Diane Amberg

Frank, and Myrna, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so nice you all had a good day with her. I think you put her at peace and she knew she could go.

heather_tyler_2014

this is just so shocking she always made my easter dress's, i just can't believe it
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

frawin

Tyler Heather, she did love to sew, and especially for young people.
Frank

Ole Granny

Dear Frank and Myrna,

So sorry to hear about Anita.  I remember the last time I visited with her.  Anita was a truly lovely lady. So many memories!  I remember the store in Moline so long ago.  So good you had a visit with her on Saturday.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both and her family.

Love, Alice
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

heather_tyler_2014

that is so correct i live right beside the funeral home and i my grandmother and my mother were wondering who they were taking in so i know now
Quote from: frawin on June 02, 2008, 08:54:24 AM
Tyler Heather, she did love to sew, and especially for young people.
Frank
:'( :o
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

frawin

Thanks Alice, she lived a good long life, and while she had lots of pain over the losses of both of her sons, she had 3 daughters and many grandchildren to enjoy. Anita enjoyed family and being with family so much.
Frank

pam

My condolences on your loss. May peace be with you all
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk