Race is an issue in this election

Started by frawin, May 30, 2008, 07:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

It is more evident each day that race is and will be a major issue in this election. Go to CNN News and see the video of the Rev Michael Pfleger, a Catholic Priest speaking at the Trinity United Church of Christ of Chicago Illinois, Obama's Church. I wanted to post the Video but couldn't get it moved over to the forum. I am not a Clinton fan by any means, but I don't think the Clintons record on race issues deserved this at all.
Frank

W. Gray

I saw the priest catering to the audience on tape last night and could not believe what I was seeing let alone seeing a Catholic priest who would act in such a manner.

He is right about one thing though, Hillary really believed the Democrat nomination was about her, was hers for the taking, and she was "entitled."

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Waldo, Myrna and I watched it twice on the news last night and again on the early news this A.M.. I could not beleve that a Catholic Priest was lowering himself to that level. This well may end up being the nastiest election in my time, after all it is the first election with serious contenders of different races and genders.
Frank

pam

Couls it be the guy was tryin to be funny? May have been in what a lot of people consider bad taste but it WAS funny lol. Obama takes himself pretty seriously also, think they ALL need to lighten up. It ain't like any of em are really gonna make any difference :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

when was the last time any of you remember so many ministers trying for the limelight during a political campaign? I can't remember a one, other than the Jesse Jackson campaign, and then it wasn't like it is now.  Does this mean that religion and politics are going to get together again?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

sixdogsmom

I think it means that not every person who says he has been called by God has not in fact been called by God.
Edie

Lookatmeknow!!

Flo, good thought, but don't you truly doubt it.  That would mean that they would have to be a little more observeant in this world.  They should now, but we know that they are not!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Lookatmeknow!!

Quote from: sixdogsmom on May 30, 2008, 09:50:04 AM
I think it means that not every person who says he has been called by God has not in fact been called by God.
You are so true!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

frawin

I believe you have forgotten about Pat Robertson.
mlw

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk