Main Menu

Pelosi

Started by W. Gray, May 29, 2008, 12:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

The interesting Democrat race has just got more interesting.

Hillary says she will fight all the way to the convention.

Now, Nancy Pelosi has stepped in saying she will not allow it.

She says the nomination has to be wrapped up by the end of the month--and I think she means end of June since there are three primaries in early June.

I did not know she was the 800 pound gorilla in the room but maybe her house position gives her the strength to be just that.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Apparently a number of influential Democrats are worried that if B. and H. fight it out to the convention, the chosen delegate will not have time to mount a good campaign against McCain. She was the mouthpiece for the group.

Wilma

I still say that the convention is the place to make the nomination, not by someone stepping down to make it easier for someone else.  And I still think that Hillary is being picked on because she is a woman.  Why isn't someone suggesting that Obama step down and let Hillary start her campaign?

Roma Jean Turner

:)  I say it should go all the way to the Convention and not be manipulated by anyone else.  (And............... who doesn't secretly enjoy a good "Cat fight").   :laugh:

Diane Amberg

W. Gray

The nomination will be made at the convention by formal vote. But, it will only be a formality and the outcome will be known in advance. Recent conventions have not been your fathers convention.

Can you imagine that someone will now want to move the convention to June so that this does not happen again? That would give the candidates time to battle each other but if both parties went to June we would have democrat/republican debates coming out our ears for four months.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk