this is a true story

Started by flo, May 29, 2008, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

received an e-mail from my sister in law about a co-worker (at Wolf Creek).  Many of you know, or knew of, Cindy Hileman who lived and went to school here.  Cindy's husband was reprimanded when he took off work for a funeral and missed a scheduled training, so he sent this memo to all his management.  (note: this happened in 2001).

I was attending a funeral in Gerard Kansas.  I am sorry that Cindy's step-brother chose my training week to die, but you never know about Harley riders.  Last Monday I told my supervisor about me having to attend a funeral on Wednesday and we made arrangements with Ruthannis to reschedule my Wednesday training to this week.  I believe that Ruthannis got the training officially changed on May 9th (Wednesday).  Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.  I will talk to my relatives too and try to convey the need to time their deaths at more convenient times in the future.  Jeff

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

twirldoggy

I am sorry to hear about the trouble Jeff had to go through over attending a funeral.  I have worked in many jobs as a supervisor and as a department director.  The company supervisor should have acted in a kind and considerate way, making it possible for Jeff to have the time off.  But Jeff should never respond to the supervisor's behavior with sarcasm or negative statements.  This give the company an opening to fire him or make him miserable on the job.  Many jobs at Wolfe Creek are dangerous.  If I were Jeff I would look for other employment.

flo

did you miss that this happened in 2001? He and Cindy are both still working there.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk