HOW DO YOU CONSERVE????

Started by Wilma, May 22, 2008, 09:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 06, 2008, 10:16:08 AM
By the way, a "New York Minute" is about the blink of an eye... much, much faster than a Kansas minute.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  ;D I"ll take a "Kansas minute" any day. In other words, SLOW DOWN AND LIVE LONGER.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

greatguns

Someone in Severy ws using a golf cart around town and they DID get a ticket for not being street legal.

sixdogsmom

This brings up the subject of four wheelers. It was decided by the state legislators that four wheelers were illegal to use on streets unless the local township okayed the usage. We have had a problem with four wheelers and youngsters here in Moline for some time. We live in a central area that receives a large amount of the local traffic and I can sit on my porch and have a heart attack every day. I see too many close calls between fourwheelers and cars; I have nearly hit one myself. I see babies being carried on the front of the driver nearly every day; no head gear, nothing. When the law first came into effect, it was enforced, but now it is not. Probably a matter of time until some child is killed or maimed I am sorry to say. Our city government has not okayed their usage to my knowledge.

If someone hits one of these kids (God forbid), where is the liability? I know that law enforcement is sparse here, but it seems to me that this is a safety issue, not just a local ordinance issue.
Edie

flo

I think this is a problem in many towns and it is scarry.  Does Moline have local law enforcement to enforce their ordinances?

Jo McDonald

Right back to the posts of all of the things that you would like to have changed and the opinions of those that want it.  GO TO THE MEETINGS OF THOSE THAT ARE IN CHARGE.  State your opinions and wants and wishes.  That is the ONLY way they will know your thoughts.  They have to  document  the things that are brought up at the meetings, so there can be a motion made and acted upon.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

greatguns

Just wondering if you are into conserving energy and there is only two in your household and one works out of their house, why would there be a need for two automobiles?

sixdogsmom

We only have a part time officer,not on a regular basis. We do not often get paroled by the sherriff department, and I can see that with the price of fuel. But what is the price of a childs' life?

Quote from: flo on July 06, 2008, 02:43:15 PM
I think this is a problem in many towns and it is scarry.  Does Moline have local law enforcement to enforce their ordinances?
Edie

dnalexander

SDM, It is great to hear about somewhere that only needs a part time officer.

Reading your post I wonder if their is a typo you mean patrolled not paroled?

Diane Amberg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I can't stand it! Thanks DNA....You kept me out of big trouble ;D ;D ;D

flo

you know, I skipped right over that.  I guess I read what they mean and don't dwell on spelling, punctuation, etc.  After all, no one is getting "graded" on here.  There is a lot of that goes on here.  What say we quit "nit-pickin".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk