August and September Television

Started by W. Gray, July 06, 2008, 08:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

I am sure everyone on this forum, left and right, will be happily glued to their TV set for the following:

August 25- 28, Democrat Convention

September 1 - 4, Republican Convention

And if that is not enough, the Olympics are on August 8 through 24, which will make the Chinese Communists happy.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

I heard yesterday that the Chinese are shutting down many factories for the Olympics so that the air quality will improve. It will put 300 thousand people out of work until after the games.  :-\ :-\
Edie

Teresa

Well! There goes the supply line to America for awhile. .. LOL  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Rudy Taylor

LOL! Teresa, you're funny today.  How true!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

W. Gray

The televised Obama acceptance speech in the 20,000 seat Pepsi convention center has been canceled.

The speech will be moved to the 86,000 seat Invesco Mile Hi Stadium.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Is that because the air is thinner there? ;D

W. Gray

Understand you were jesting but the truth is the Kansas Populism of the 1890s has hit America in the late 2000's.

The move was made to allow more of the "common people" be in attendance for the speech.

sixdogsmom

By that, you do mean people who were not attending the convention, and are wanting to attend the acceptance speech?
Edie

W. Gray

yes

That is the intention.

I have never attended a convention but I think it is normally limited to party elite, guests, and delegates.

Presumably, they would not charge an admission to the acceptance speech in the stadium because of the nature of the event.

But, one wonders how tickets would be equitably handed out to the "common people."

sixdogsmom

The tickets are free for the asking, I just read it on an Obama post. It would be interesting to attend a political convention at least one time, and this one should be historic. I am glad that they have moved the acceptance speech to a larger arena so that more people can participate.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk