Do you like yourself? Why.

Started by Teresa, May 21, 2008, 11:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

You're right, this is a hard one!  I've been ruminating for a week over this, and finally decided to post.
I'm FRIENDLY and POSITIVE.
Negative people irritate me.
Unfriendly people are a challenge.
Believe me, working Help Desk for an Agriculture software and services company... I get my fair share of both!

Teresa

I started the dang thread ..now I wished I hadn't cause I don't want to answer it.
But nagging from some has shamed me into it.  :P

I like my bizarre sense of humor. I laugh easily and I am able to make others laugh. I can have a crowd at ease in a matter of minutes. 
I like my ability to be a giver...& soft and gentle ( sometimes too much on the trusting and giving side..as it drains my own energy)   :)
but also to know that I can be tough as nails if the situation calls for it.
I am a healer of sorts, and I am grateful that I have that gift and that I use it on others to help them through pain..and other things.
I pride myself on being a great mother and grandmother.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

I think the reason this is such a hard thread, is because most of us are taught at a very young age to not be boastful on ourselves.  Yes, most of us like ourselves and are even often proud of the way we turned out or the things we've done... but to put it in writing is where it gets difficult!  That's why it is sometimes so hard during job interviews to be able to tell about our accomplishments and the things we've done for other companies... a lot of us just think that is normal and using our skills... and it's hard to talk ourselves up.

Devyn-Leann

flo

could I add a P.S. to mine?  I like the fact that I do not and have never done drugs, have never robbed anyone, have never killed anyone or gone on a shooting rampage, have never rioted against anything or anyone and all this in spite of being from a broken home, disfunctional family, alcoholic father, mother ran off with another man, was raised in a very poor home where corporal punishment was what you got when you needed it and we didn't even think about calling the law for child abuse. All three of us turned out to be pretty darn good citizens.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

indygal

Well, it took me a lot of years before I was able to say there was anything I liked about myself. Now that I'm older and hopefully wiser, there are many things I like about me. I like my sense of humor and that I don't take myself too seriously (OK, sometimes I do, but I'm working on it!) I like that I have outgrown the behavior of judging others or expecting them to do things that I thought was the "right" thing. I like that I can still get up and dance like a crazy woman when the mood strikes. I like that I don't feel the need to pretend I'm something I'm not just to impress someone or not hurt their feelings. I like that I'm a compassionate listener and that I can offer other perspectives to help people see the good in life. I like that I'm not afraid to take a leap of faith now and then because so far everything I've dared to do has been far better than I ever dreamed possible. I like that I am creative, artistic and resourceful. I like that I still have the ability to see beauty and goodness in nature and in the people I meet.

greatguns

I like myself because somebody needs to. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Diane Amberg

I like that I was always a good teacher / instructor of both children and adults.  I have always been able to fit myself with any audience and have them feel that I want them to succeed, because I do. I am a very good listener.  I try to see both sides of any issue.  I have a pretty good sense of humor.  I will put out extra effort when something calls for it, and I'm a "doer" as well as a talker. I learned early on that women do have a hard time speaking well of themselves.  But in the business world, you have to learn to project your positives and correct the negatives to succeed.

W. Gray

Do accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.

But watch out for Mr. Inbetween.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk