This is embarrassing----!!! But tell about-----

Started by sixdogsmom, May 26, 2008, 09:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

This may be embarrassing, but tell about the circumstanses of the worst time you ever had with chiggers! You know, those little critters that like to bite in the worst areas!

My worst time was when I was going to get married and had sat in the grass to plant flowers. That drier at the hairdressers' was pure torture, and of course all the rigging for a dress up wedding did not help!. I was miserable most of the time, and they wondered why I was such an unhappy bride! LOL!!! That is all ancient history now, but it is getting to be chigger time in Kansas! Bring on the benadryl!!  ;D ;D
Edie

Ole Granny

Chiggers!  I suppose I have had them in almost every place you can imagine.  We use to play in the creek or fishing tromping through the weeds and play Hide n seek in the Johnson's grass and corn field.  We're still alive but use to put powdered sulpher all over us to keep the chiggers away.  Seemed to work.  The most recent one I remember had crawled into the area of the belly button.  Tender and sore for a  long time.  Now i am itching, just thinking about it.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Teresa

I hate them!
If you start taking lots of vitamin B1 about a month before chigger and mosquito season, you will not hardly get any bites. I am good at telling people this.. but last year I wasn't good about heeding my own advice. The mosquitoes etc didn't bother Derek and Mark hardly at all.. and they ate me alive. I had them between my toes and other places that you just can't scratch too good in public. Miserable wasn't the word for it! :'(

Kjell came over here and the first year he got into the chiggers. Poor man. He started itching and finally came in from the shower and said.."What in the hell has been eating on me"?
My gosh.. He had chiggers in every possible place. I got the "chigger itch cream ..the Benedryl cream ..the Calamine/Caladryl .. the clear nail polish..and when I was done, he was  believer in chiggers.. LOL
He never heard of chiggers before. They don't have chiggers in Norway. It is too cold. ( But they have BIG mosquitoes)

I remember a long time ago when Mark and I were camping and the kids were still at home with us. ( So we still had the little tiny camper with 4 of us in it) The only thing that he uses to get rid of the itch is clear nail polish. He dabs some on the spot and the itch is gone and stays gone pretty much.
Well, he was laying in bed just going crazy scratching and itching and cussing and he finally said," I HAVE to have some relief or I'm going to go crazy!!" ((And of course I told him to be quiet and not turn the light on, except the little night bath light ))
Being a man of course he couldn't find the clear polish.. so he grabbed my red.. not caring or really paying that much attention to it I think ::)
((Panic does weird things to a mans way of thinking  sometimes  ::)
Anyway, he used it and let it dry and came back to bed and went to sleep.
We all woke up the next morning and he got up and the kids just howled ... There he was with about 50 red fingernail polish spots all over him. He looked like he had the measles. The boys just who-rahed him all day but he didn't care.. he didn't itch!  ;D :D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

sixdogsmom

Oh, that is funny! Men are such weanies when it comes to finding something aren't they?  :D :D
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk