ConGRADulations!

Started by Tobina+1, May 19, 2008, 09:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Congratulations to all the Graduates!  High school, college, and anyone else who graduates!

I attended my brother's graduation from KSU this weekend.  We had a party at my sister's house for him.  I also had a cousin graduate from there, as well as some other kids from my hometown.  Chuck and I celebrated our 10th year alumni from KSU this year, too!  My parents have now graduated all 4 of their children from KSU.  A combined 21 years of college, and 6 degrees.  With son-in-laws; add another 7 years and 2 degrees. 

My brother will be moving to Wichita to work for a construction company there as a project manager.  He'll be working on renovating Town East mall.  After that project, he may have to get relocated somewhere else in the country, but it will be nice to have him close for a while, anyway!

Diane Amberg

No matter what else is bad and goofy in the world, graduations are always so happy and positive. I'll second that motion! Congratulations to all new grads on a job well done. :laugh:

frawin

We, too, attended a graduation of one of our sons on May 10.  What a great feeling it was to see him walk across the stage and receive that piece of paper.  It was always our goal that all 3 kids got a college degree, and now we have reached that. 
Myrna

Diane Amberg

Now you can stop shaking out the piggy bank to pay your bills? College has gotten so expensive around here! Congratulations to you all!

Tobina+1

Well, I also attended the scholarship banquet at West Elk HS this year, and I can attest to the fact that there are SO MANY scholarships out there for kids!  It's amazing the amount of support the community gives to their future.  Yes, college is so very expensive these days, but every little $250 scholarship helps! 
The only thing that saddened me was how few of the kids applied for the scholarships.  Not sure if that is an indication of how many will be pursuing college educations, or just not going to the effort of applying.  Once you get to college, scholarships are harder to come by.  I'll be paying on my student loans for quite a few years, but so far, it was worth it!

Teresa

Heading to Moline for the Kindergarten Graduation for Ashley.
I got her ready tonight and did her hair. She has a new dress and is she ever proud and ready to be in 1st grade. LOL

She told me," Even though we have our graduation tonight Me Ma.. I still have to go to Kindergarten 2 more days. Then I will be out of that baby class forever and in 1st grade."
  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Mom70x7

QuoteThe only thing that saddened me was how few of the kids applied for the scholarships.

Next year Debbie Zellner will be helping the kids with their scholarship applications. She's getting a stipend to do just that - have more kids apply for more scholarships. She's already setting up files on ALL the students and plans on working with them to explore everything. It's a new position for next year - one that I think pay dividends for the students and for West Elk.

sixdogsmom

Excellent!! As an aside, do the math! Do the math! Math seems to be an important ingredient in scholarships as I recall! If you are a parent of youngsters, stress math! Most important! Remeber, math rules! It rules all the science functions as well as financial institutions, even music! Do the math!
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk