Obama, plain and simple

Started by flo, May 16, 2008, 10:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I still say he is the most dangerous man alive to have for our president.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Dale Smith

I agree with you Teresa.... he scares me big time!

Roma Jean Turner

Agreed.  If I am wrong about him, I will apologize.  But the stakes are to high to take the chance in my opinion.  If the people we see screaming on that pulpit are going to be the people we see going in and out of the White House, giving "spiritual" counsel, that alone is enough for me.  Everyone has the right to voice their opinion..............but, I have the right to listen to it, draw my conclusions from it and cast my vote, my way.

Teresa

Bro'O will rationalize this as "just words".

Like "bitter people clinging to their religion or guns".  Just words.

Like when he referred to his grandmother as a "typical white person".  Just words.

Like when he said he could no more "disown" the Rev. Wright then he could the black church.  Just words.

Like his wife saying we are a "mean country" and for the first time in her life she is proud to be an American.  Just words.

Like a speech that he plagiarized.  Just words.

Obama is like Humpty Dumpty who to paraphrase said, "Words mean what I want them to mean, nothing more and nothing less."  Should Obama become president, we may need all the King's horses and all the King's men to put our country back together again ... after "just words".

sixdogsmom

Edie

Teresa

So, I'm watching Barack make his "victory nomination" speech and I am trying to keep my supper down. :P

This is just downright scary. When did Americans become so blind to what the future will hold for them? Did a genetic misfire put lemmings into the DNA of Americans. These people are going off the cliff and are cheering about it.

Most liberal Senator? That's him.
Will raise all our taxes? Ditto,...
Socialize medicine? Hello....
Restrict firearms by type,capacity, price,color,style? You bet!
Retreat from Iraq? WHAT??!  :o

If I hear "From the South side of Chicago,...." 1 more time,.... >:( >:( >:(

I'm afraid for this countries future and this speech is the most scripted bunch of BS I've heard from another politician.

This "Pie in the sky" that people are cheering about is thick. ( I need my waders! )

I'm going to pray more starting tonight, ........God help us.

Well... I'm done for awhile... *rant off*

Dale Smith

by Patrick J. Buchanan
    Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America.
Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to.
This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:
First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.
Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.
Second, no government anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.
Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants.
Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over  America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.
We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?
Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks.
Let him go to Altoona and Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were vis ited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids.

Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?
Is that the fault of white America  or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?
As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?
Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?
We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena. And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.
Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.

flo

had read this before but it is still "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  By the way, another ironic. I posted in the "genealogy" catagory about a gentleman who left a note on a grave of a Smith in Eureka.  Guess what? His name is Dale Smith.  :)
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

I am glad you posted this, Dale.  Truth in every sentence.  What bothers me the most is, Why can't we, as John Q. Citizen, have a place to vent our feelings and post our words and thoughts to "The powers that be"?  All the thoughts and feelings we have, cannot be sent directly to the ones that stand up and want to do the thinking for all of us, and spout their words of wisdom, when in truth they have no connection to what we want, and what we need to hear from them,  yet they  have not a clue as to what our thoughts are.  In all the speeches that we have heard over and over for the past "forever" months, no one was asked to speak, and give the thoughts of the common ordinary public.  We only heard what they thought we wanted.
  Well, for one, I am sick to death of "the poor black folk" and "the poor white folk" Let them get off the down and crying mat and do something that the rest of the population is doing --- Put your big boy and girl panties on and do something for yourself.

Guess I'll let my blood pressure rest a bit - and go hookup the iron and get busy at the ironing board.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Jo, as usual well said. You always get to the facts, it also helps that you think the same as we do in most cases or we think the same as you do. Do you think that Howard Kansas, Longton, Elk County raising and good values may have had anything to do with. My Dad was a tough task Master and he never minced many words, his Philosophy was  if you want it work for it, if you don't want to work for it or you can't earn it you don't need it, and he meant it.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk