Obama, plain and simple

Started by flo, May 16, 2008, 10:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twirldoggy

Part of the problem now is that President Bush has madee a mockery of the constitutional rights of the citizens of this country.  He has called black white and white black.  We are is need of a president who will support the Constitution and the civil rights of American citizens.   We can say we have the right to bear arms, but that was not true during the Katrina disaster and it was not true during the Greensburg disaster. 

Teresa

Quote from: sixdogsmom on May 17, 2008, 10:29:37 AM

Senator Obama has said that he does not want to take the guns from people.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=66551746-3048-5C12-00921D2BE9528C54

QuoteBarack Obama's presidential campaign has worked to assure uneasy gun owners that he believes the Constitution protects their rights and that he doesn't want to take away their guns.

But before he became a national political figure, he sat on the board of a Chicago-based foundation that doled out at least nine grants totaling nearly $2.7 million to groups that advocated the opposite positions.

The foundation funded legal scholarship advancing the theory that the Second Amendment does not protect individual gun owners' rights, as well as two groups that advocated handgun bans. And it paid to support a book called "Every Handgun Is Aimed at You: The Case for Banning Handguns."

Obama's eight years on the board of the Joyce Foundation, which paid him more than $70,000 in directors fees, do not in any way conflict with his campaign-trail support for the rights of gun owners, Ben LaBolt, a spokesman for Obama's presidential campaign, asserted in a statement issued to Politico this week.

Seven of the grants were awarded when Obama served on the board. Where did the money go?

* $2.5 million went to the Violence Policy Center, which has campaigned for a national ban on all handguns.
    * $20,000 paid to publish Every Handgun Is Aimed at You: The Case for Banning Handguns
    * $10,000 went to another gun-banning group, Handgun-Free America

And his church and former pastor (Wright) have backed anti-gun efforts in Chicago for years.  Last year, Wright and the senior pastor from St. Sabina Church, Michael Pfleger, protested at a gun store in Chicago.

Given that an estimated 46% of the Democratic party own at least one firearm and there are two anti-gun candidates running for the Democratic party nomination, they may have an interesting convention. I guarantee you Obama and Clinton will always have guns in their homes as well as 24/7 armed guards to protect them and their families.
Why should they give a damn about your right to have one as long as they are protected and their political goal is acquired.

.Pro-gun indeed.... NOT!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Kjell H.

Wish I could take credit for this post.. but I can't..for I didn't write it.
But I couldn't have said it better myself.

---Quote---"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

What's wrong with you people, can't you see that he is right?

For how could he be wrong, when he is a Harvard-educated, politically and socially enlightened "Man of the People"; a modern-day Messiah sent to lead us poor fools into a new era!

Pshaw on those quaint notions set in a Constitution written by dead men more than two centuries ago; merely so much crumbling paper burning in the fires of time and change, to Obama and his informed and oh-so-enlightened supporters.

Pshaw on our need to embrace such superstitions as are promulgated in our Churches, surely that is only our own fear of the dark, our fear of change, and our need to be sheltered from our xenophobic terrors that forces us to be so.. unwielding in the face of his reason and rationality. No doubt if we had benefitted from his own good reverend of 20 years, we might have a viewpoint more in line with the Great Man's himself.

His compassion prompts a deeper understanding of our psychologies than we inferiors can even realize; his intellect can explain away our resistance to be assimilated in to the movement, and he would surely be smug in his nearly super-human ability to comprehend our self-imposed plight if not for his superior moral footing - no doubt provided in part by his pastor of two decades, Rev. Wright.

What a guy! So let us change and throw down our outdated concepts:

We must work harder and pay even higher taxes so that more "immigrants" may enjoy our health services and schools. We must understand that it is not fair to have a higher standard of living than those beyond our borders, so we must erase these barriers totally. And we must ban the labeling of people as "Illegal Aliens" and call the utterance of such words Hate Speech, and condemn it.

We must destroy our guns because by having guns we force "disadvantaged youths" to find their own guns and express their justifiable anger at us for having possessions they want by robbing us. Only when we have nothing they want, and nothing to threaten them with, will peace reign in the inner cities!

Finally, as is said "..And the children shall lead" we must look to the throngs of young people who are flocking to the Great Sheperd's cause, and follow their wisdom. They are unfettered by the need to support themselves, being ensconced by their bourgeois parents and haven't been damaged by the toil of experience, so they have a clarity of spirit we lack.

Perhaps we might devote ourselves as they do in their worshipful contemplation of Him and so lose the last of outmoded superstitions; we might even attain a state of grace close to Obama's ourselves, one where we too may see statements such as "Goddamn America" as the welcomed spiritual guidance worthy of inspiring the man who would lead us all.

Marshal Halloway

pam

Boy did you hit the nail on the head! That's exactly what is goin wrong with this country is young people comin up who have NOT had to work for what they have. They have no concept of real life outside the gated communities they grew up in. They fall for any line of crap that catches their fancy for the moment, but the other side of that is they drop it almost as soon, so Obama wants to watch out or he'll be out of style before he knows it lol. Just hope they find a new guru BEFORE they TOTALLY screw it up:P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

This is a bit unnerving....
There is more to the paragraphs of course..as they came form his books..
but he wrote these words.............

And THAT... is what stays in my mind.
Interesting WE are the ones accused of being racist..

This guy wants to be our President and control our government.

Pay close attention to the last comment!! 

Below are a few lines from Obama's books, his words:

From Dreams of My Father:  'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.

From Dreams of My Father :  'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father:  'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.

From Dreams of My Father:  'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

From Audacity of Hope:  'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

flo

Quote from: Teresa on May 30, 2008, 03:41:20 PM
.'

From Audacity of Hope:  'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'[/color]
[/b]

People, better wake up cause the political winds have definately shifted in an ugly direction.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

Got this from a  forum member

Obama's "Not Exactly's":   This person is more dangerous than any candidate in recent years....

1.) Selma Got Me Born - NOT EXACTLY, your parents felt safe
enough to have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as
Selma was in 1965. (Google'Obama Selma' for his full March 4,
2007 speech and articles about its various untruths.)

2.) Father Was A Goat Herder - NOT EXACTLY, he was a
privileged, well educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan
Government.

3.) Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter - NOT EXACTLY, he
was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has
ever had.

4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom - NOT
EXACTLY, your cousin Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting
to overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya. It is the first
widespread violence in decades. The current government is pro-American
but Odinga wants to overthrow it and establish Muslim Sharia law. Your
half-brother, Abongo Obama, is Odinga's follower. You interrupted your
New Hampshire campaigning to speak to Odinga on the phone. Check out
the following link for verification of that....and for more.

Obama's cousin Odinga in Kenya ran for president and
tried to get Sharia muslim law in place there. When Odinga lost the
elections, his followers have burned Christians' homes and then burned
men, women and children alive in a Christian church where they took
shelter.. Obama SUPPORTED his cousin before the election process here
started. Google Obama and Odinga and see what you get. No one wants to know
the truth.

5.) My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian - NOT
EXACTLY, she does her daily Salat prayers at 5am according to her own
interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn't allow her to have been
one of 14 wives to 1 man.

6.) My Name is African Swahili - NOT EXACTLY, your name is
Arabic and 'Baraka' (from which Barack came) means
'blessed' in that language. Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama.
Barack Hussein Obama is! not half black. If elected, he
would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black
President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side
and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side. While
Barack Hussein Obama's father was from Kenya, his father's family
was mainly Arabs.. Barack Hussein Obama's father was only 12.5% African
Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father's birth certificate even states
he's Arab, not African Negro). From....and for more....go to.....
http://www.arcadeathome.com/newsboy.phtml?Barack_Hussein_Obama_-_Arab-Americ
an,_only_6.25%25_African

7.) I Never Practiced Islam - NOT EXACTLY, you practiced it
daily at school, where you were registered as a Muslim and kept that
faith for 31 years, until your wife made you change, so you could run
for office.  4-3-08 Article "Obama was! 'quite religious in
islam'"
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=60559

8.) My School In Indonesia Was Christian - NOT EXACTLY, you
were registered as Muslim there and got in trouble in Koranic
Studies for making faces (check your own book).
February 28, 2008. Kristoff from the New York Times a
year ago: Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to
prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed
delightfully uncalculated (it'll give Alabama voters heart attacks),
Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as "one of the prettiest
sounds on Earth at sunset." This is just one example of what Pamela
is talking about when she says "Obama's narrative is being altered,
enhanced and manipulated to whitewash troubling facts."

9.) I Was Fluent In Indonesian - NOT EXACTLY, not one
teacher says you could speak the language.

10.) Because I Lived In Indonesia, I Have More Foreign
Experience - NOT EXACTLY, you were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and
couldn't even speak the language. What did you learn, how to study the
Koran and watch cartoons.

11.) I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs - NOT EXACTLY, except
for Africa (surprise) and the Middle East (bigger surprise), you have
never been anywhere else on the planet and thus have NO experience
with our closest allies.

12.) I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion - NOT
EXACTLY, you were quite content in high school to be Barry Obama, no
mention of Kenya and no mention of struggle to identify - your
classmates said you were just fine.

13.)An Ebony Article Moved Me To Run For Office - NOT
EXACTLY, Ebony has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It
doesn't, and never did, exist.

14.) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life -
NOT EXACTLY, Life has yet to find the article you mention in your
book. It doesn't, and never did, exist.

15.) I Won't Run On A National Ticket In '08 - NOT
EXACTLY, here you are, despite saying, live on TV, that you would not have
enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience  first.

16.) Voting "Present" is Common In Illinois
Senate - NOT EXACTLY, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES.

17.) Oops, I Misvoted - NOT EXACTLY, only when caught by
church groups and Democrats, did you beg to change your misvote.

18.) I Was A Professor Of Law - NOT EXACTLY, you were a
senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

19.) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - NOT EXACTLY, you were
a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

20.) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - NOT
EXACTLY, you didn't write it, introduce it, change it, or create it.

21.) The Ethics Bill Was Hard To Pass - NOT EXACTLY, it
took just 14 days from start to finish.

22.) I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill - NOT EXACTLY, your bill
! was rejected by your own party for its pandering and lack of all
regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear donor, Exelon, from which
David Axelrod came.

23.) I Have Released My State Records - NOT EXACTLY, as of
March, 2008, state bills you sponsored or voted for have yet to be
released, exposing all the special interests pork hidden within.

24.) I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens Mess - NOT
EXACTLY, you were part of a large group of people who remedied Altgeld
Gardens. You failed to mention anyone else but yourself, in your books.

25.) My Economics Bill Will Help America - NOT EXACTLY,
your 111 economic policies were just combined into a proposal which
lost 99-0, and even YOU voted against your own bill.

26.) I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois - NOT EXACTLY,
even your own supporters claim to have not seen BOLD action on your part.

27.) I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year - NOT EXACTLY,
they were not YOUR bills, but rather handed to you, after their
creation by a fellow Senator, to assist you in a future bid for higher
office.

28.) No One on my campaign contacted Canada about NAFTA -
NOT EXACTLY, the Canadian Government issued the names and a memo of the
conversation your campaign had with them.

sixdogsmom

Quote from: flo on May 30, 2008, 03:58:05 PM
Quote from: Teresa on May 30, 2008, 03:41:20 PM
.'

From Audacity of Hope:  'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'[/color]
[/b]
This quote is indeed from Audacity Of Hope written by Barack Obama, however it has been butchered beyond recognition. It comes frome page 261 and is as follows;

Of course not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

That is the quote and the paragraph it was pulled from and altered. I have to question the others as this one is so outrageous. I also question the wisdom of importing every piece of garbage found on a candidate form all sorts of unproven sources. As a rule, I check with Snopes on everything that is questionable, but in this case I saw this article on My Space when it was widely debunked. Edie.
Edie

sixdogsmom

Sorry, I messed the above posting up. The first line is the quoted line from the first posting in this thread. The rest is my response and I am responsible for it. Sorry for any confusion, Edie.
Edie

MarineMom

Thanks Edie for giving us "the rest of the story".  One of the downsides of the internet is that so many rumours get turned into facts. We all (myself included) really need to research and verify before we pass on information.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk