What Are You Singing Today?

Started by Wilma, May 13, 2008, 10:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I watched Mary Poppins over the weekend and now I can't get one of the songs out of my head.  A Spoonful of Sugar.  So, what are you singing today? ??? ??? ???

momof 2boys

Bonnie M.

I'm a big fan/follower of good old Southern Gospel Music, and early in the morning on Mother's Day, one of our old time favorites, Dottie Rambo, was killed when her tour bus went off the highway near Springfield, MO.  She wrote so many good songs.  The one I have on my mind today, is "If That Isn't Love."  :) :) :)
Bonnie

flo

Beautiful song, Bonnie.  Earlier this morning "Bluebird Island" was on my mind.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Dale Smith

In loving memory of Dottie, I have been listening to "Stand by the River" and "We Shall behold Him" most of the day, along with many other wonderful songs of hers. 

Dale Smith

In case anybody isn't familiar with Dottie Rambo, here is a link to her myspace page.  There are several of her songs available for listening:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=52921194

Bonnie M.

Thank you, Dale, for posting that web site.  We're getting ready to watch (again) the "Dottie Rambo" CD that we'd purchased from the Gaither Series.  She was just such a beautiful lady.
Bonnie

Dale Smith

Amen to that Bonnie.  I never get tired of watching a good ole Gaither Homecoming.  Especially if its one of the older ones that had The Goodmans.  Oh how I loved Vesta Goodman.   I bet you and I love some of the same groups in Southern Gospel.  :-)

I hope this link works.... here is an awesome video of the Goodmans from the early 70's.  Bonnie, do you remember Johnny Cook? 

If this link doesn't work, my apologies...

frawin

Dale, my wife and I love the Gaithers, we have been to one of their  performances and really enjoyed it. We watch them on TV every chance we get. My all time favorites was the Cathederals, with George and Glenn, I can't remember their  last names right now but it was a great Quartet and George and Glenn really put on a show.
Frank Winn

Dale Smith

Frank... oh yeah, I'll agree with you. I watch the Gaithers everytime I find them on TV.  I always say that one day I'm going to order the DVD's.   By the way, it's George Younce and Glen Payne. 

Ever seen "The Kingdom Heirs" ?  I have all of their CD's and have seen them in concert at least 5 times.  Love them!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk