The Rabbit Hole: Not Our Job, Man

Started by Warph, May 13, 2008, 01:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Diane,  red light cameras as in red light districts or at traffic signals?

W. Gray

Nearly every intersection around here with a stop and go light has four cameras, one pointed in each direction.

These are for traffic control.

I don't have a problem with these or with red light cameras.

They are still bickering around here about the red light cameras.

The cameras are supposed to take both front and rear photos of each car going through on yellow. Rear photo includes the license plate and front photo includes the driver.

A few years ago I slowed to a stop after the light turned yellow and got hit in the rear. The lady behind me naturally thought I was going on through and did not pay attention.

Around here, the red light cameras will only appear initially at high accident rate corners.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

greatguns

One more time he has the right to run his restaurant anyway he wants to and I have the right to not go there.

Diane Amberg

Wilma, that's red light cameras in red light districts. ;D  We are starting to have them at corners with a lot of red light runners and high accident rates. I tend to avoid those intersections when the cameras first go up because the rear ender rate goes up too for a few weeks and then things really improve.

Warph

If you are worried about Hidden Cameras, Check this out:

http://www.spyville.com/

How do I find a hidden spy camera? The Spy finder is the simple answer. You will be able to locate any hidden camera any spy cam any nanny camera This is the product everyone is talking about. We're actually getting hate mail from other spy shop owners. The Spy Finder , like it or not, is here to stay.  You can be secure in any area by using the spy finder to check for hidden cameras. Hotel room cameras? Spyfinder finds them. Dressing room cameras? Spyfinder finds them. The original technology used to locate wired and wireless spy cameras was developed by a military engineering and contractor firm about five years ago. The device worked and worked well. 
Say Goodbye To Spy Pinhole and hidden Cameras!

Last Year, Over 74 Million Dollars Was Spent On Spy Cameras
Alone. They Are Everywhere, Mostly Where They Shouldn't Be
In The First Place. The Spyfinder Locates hidden Spy and Pinhole Cameras, Wired Or Wireless cameras, Dead or Alive From 30 FEET!!!!

Anyone Hiding A Camera In A Dressing Room, Tanning Booth,
Restroom, Etc. WILL BE CAUGHT...........

The SpyFinder hidden camera detector/locator is the most reliable and easy to use technology on the market for making sure that your private actions are not being watched. Its function is based on the principle of optical augmentation. This technical jargon refers to the phenomenon where light reflected from a focused optical system, such as a video camera, is reflected along the same path as the incident light. This means that if a hidden camera is illuminated and viewed with the SpyFinder technology, then a strong reflection from the target camera will reveal its position to the user.

The SpyFinder exploits this phenomenon by using a ring of ultra-bright LEDs arranged around a viewing port. When a user scans a room looking through the viewing port, a hidden camera appearing in the field of view will brightly reflect the light from the LEDs.

Operation:
While the equivalent of rocket scientists thought up the SpyFinder technology, operating it is not rocket science. Simply look through the viewing port (see photo) and depress the button to activate the LEDs. Slowly scan areas where hidden cameras are suspected and look for bright reflected spots. Remember, most hidden video cameras use pinhole camera lenses, so the spot you are looking for could be small.

If you see a suspected camera, move your vantage point slightly. If the location of the reflection moves as you move, then this is not a camera. If the location of the reflection does not move, then it is highly likely that you have discovered the optics of a hidden camera.

For example, consider a wall clock that has a domed plastic cover and a pinhole camera concealed under the numeral six on the clock face. When the SpyFinder is used to scan the clock, a reflection will be noted where the camera is located beneath the six and a reflection will also be noted from the plastic cover. However if you move your vantage point just a little, you will notice that the location of the false positive reflection point from the plastic cover will move, while the reflection from the camera remains under the numeral six on the clock face.

TRUE STORIES
1) In July 2002 an Ohio man staying in Knoxville at a major hotel chain found a hidden camera in a bathroom light fixture. He discovered the small video camera after noticing a tiny black spot. He thought it was an insect, but it turned out to be a hole in the fixture that concealed a video camera.

2) July 2003 Overton County Tennessee parents, upset that their children were filmed undressing in school locker rooms have filed suit, charging that school officials allowed surveillance cameras to be installed and then failed to secure the images.

3) A woman who says she noticed a video camera in the ceiling of the bathroom of a franchised toy is suing the retailer for invasion of privacy. She noticed a hole in the ceiling above the commode while visiting the suburban Atlanta store on March 21, 2003.

4) August 2004, Ithaca, New York - A college student called police after discovering a pinhole camera in the bathroom of the apartment she shared with three women, and now her landlord is charged with unlawful surveillance. The landlord faces four counts of unlawful video surveillance, a felony that can draw up to four years in prison. He also owns several rental properties near Cornell University. Police said they searched two other apartments and found two pinhole cameras and several video recordings of at least four students.

5) Guilty verdicts in 16 electronic eavesdropping cases were returned in Lenawee County Circuit Court against the owner of a tanning salon. The proprietor was arrested after police on Feb. 27 found a hidden camera in the tanning room and five tapes of customers.

Availability: Usually ships the same business day.

spy-finderRetail Price: $199.99 Sale Price: $79.99

What Our Customers say:

Best Customer Service I have ever had. My order was misplaced by Fed Ex...however, the moment I informed Spyville of the problem, they responded as if it was a life of death situation. The problem was resolved so professionally, and quickly that there was no problem at all. I think Fed Ex is afraid of them; I was getting the run around from Fed Ex, but when Spyville called them, they jumped to fix the problem. Spyville responds to your emails. There is a real person who answers the phone when you call, and that person is familiar with your order. The product I ordered works just the way it was advertised. There was ample instructions included, and the product was in perfect condition. I do a lot of ordering over the internet, this is by far, the best experience I have ever had online. CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER SERVICE, CUSTOMER SERVICE. You cannot go wrong with this company...they sell quality products, and they back up what they sell in every way. ...

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk