Announcement.. !

Started by Teresa, May 17, 2006, 03:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

ATTENTION!!  :D
There is something new now on the forum..

Here ye... here ye.....................
Our  webmaster has upgraded this site so that Guests can no longer view the topics.
Everyone who wants to read or participate will have to register and activate their membership.
Maybe now we will have more folks come in .. not just to lurk and read.. but to maybe join in and we can really start to share and have some good times in here.

The main reason for the change is to stop computer robots from stealing e-mail addresses and other personal information.

Remember.... you have to be logged in to read posts  and to have full access to all the forums features.

If there are announcements that effect the whole community and need to be "out there".. We will add it to the front page for all to see... even if they are not a member.

And one more thing... don't forget to tell everyone about the forum... it's free to join.. ( ha ha ha ha) ;D ;D ;D :D :D

Thanks so much for the support and the willingness to participate to make this forum a great place to visit.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

So?? What do you think about the "having to register" to use the forum?
Feedback please??

Rhonda

I think it's fine.  On other sites I participate in you have to be registered. 

bowie boy

i agree u should have to be a member.  more members more important thing going around we  can know
''If guns kill people, I can blame misspelled words on my pencil'' - Larry The Cable Guy

Teresa

I was looking to see who was veiwing the page.. and it says  the names and then "guests"..
Well I ask Kjell what that was all about and he said that when guest or robots are trying to go into the pages.. it will show that they have sat on the page with nothing there before going into another one.
Bots don't care.. they just automatically keep trying as the search engines will keep spitting out key words and links.
And lurkers will have to join us for real... so I think it will be better.
I want Kjell to put up a short message on the front page so people who are NOT registered and not familiar with forums will know that they have to be activated to read.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk