UNFAIR!!!!!!!

Started by Wilma, May 05, 2008, 04:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Y'all seem to have the mistaken impression I don't vote........I DO vote, I agonize over it every time too. There are a bunch of goobers running for the presidency of these United States and no matter who I vote for I'm gonna be kickin myself in the ass every day for the next four or eight years. Where are all the honest Americans? Why is one of them not runnin for president? Because any honest man doesn't have the 900bazillion dollars it takes to win an election that's why. My big problem is I AIN'T a sheep. I don't herd at ALL, in fact I have a tendency to turn around and attack the sheepdog. (ask my husband :P) So yeah, I'll vote for the lesser evil but that don't make it any less evil or any less of a sellout, and I'm gonna be in a very bad mood when I do it.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Wilma

And all I wanted to know was if anyone else thought Clinton was getting the short end of the media.  As in, she is always second:  Obama and Clinton.  I even heard her called MRS. Clinton on the news today and I felt that it put her right back to being a housewife.  Like being the lesser of two.  I don't have anything against being a Mrs.  I am a Mrs., but I am also my own person.  Hillary Clinton is a candidate, not an also running.  If she is an also running, then Barak Obama is also an also running.  See what I mean? 

Kjell, I think you are right.  This election is going to be decided by what the press tells us and if they continue to put Clinton second in everything, what chance does she have.  Maybe today's elections will change something.

greatguns

Wilma you're on the money!

Mom70x7

Devyn -

QuoteWhich is exactly why I WILL NOT vote this year!

Please vote!

I'm one of the older ones here - and you're right - not every election has a good candidate.
Many on this forum think there aren't any good candidates this year.

So vote for the best of the bunch.

The same holds true for state and local elections. Quite often you won't like the people running.
So make the best possible choice.

It's a little like life - sometimes there aren't any good choices. So you go with the best of what you've got.
There is a sense of fulfillment that you've then done the best you can.
You've participated in the process.

And I could really go on a soapbox here, but will stop.
Vote.
Vote.
Vote.

Ole Granny

Yes, I agree!  Vote - If not for someone - Vote against who you know you do not want in office!
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Wilma

"Vote against who you know you do not want in office!"  Good thinking, but we are allowed to vote against only one person.  Oh, well, I know what you mean and I agree.  Besides this election isn't about just the presidency.  We have congress people, state people, and county people to vote for, too.  Have to vote for the county.  Tha one is close to home.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk